Auspicious

Jennie flinched in surprise and looked back when she heard someone calling her. She found Leo, who kind of looked troubled for some reason. Leo bowed, then stood before her.

"L-Leo, d-did you just come back from sending Lisa's family back to the kingdom?"

The next morning, after Lisa's birthday, the Manoban family, except for Lisa, needed to leave early in the morning.

The Kingdom would find it weird if they didn't find anyone in their house. Lisa agreed and so did her father. The only people who didn't like that idea were Lisa's younger siblings but soon learned to accept it too.

Jennie no longer tagged along because she wasn't in the mood to do anything. When she woke up this morning and didn't find Lisa beside her, it no longer surprised her.

Lisa really was getting out of bed earlier than her because she had chores to do, but this time, Jennie knew that it wasn't just because she had chores to do, but maybe she also wanted to get as far as she could from Jennie.

Lisa isn't avoiding her though. She would smile at her from time to time and exchange conversations with her without showing any uneasiness.

She is still the same cheerful Lisa. She managed to fool everyone but Jennie.

Jennie had noticed that the blondie's smiles weren't reaching her eyes. She doesn't look as bright as before. It bothered Jennie, but that's the end of it. She can't do anything about it.

"Yes, Your Highness. Fortunately, we didn't encounter any problems on the way there."

Jenne nodded her head, "I'm glad then. You may now go." She turned her back on Leo again to stare into nothing while thinking of Lisa.

"Actually, Your Highness, I want to talk about something."

"What is it about, Leo? Is it really important? If it's not, can you do it some other time? I'm not in the mood to talk." Jennie replied, without bothering to look back at Leo.

Leo clenched his fists on his side. What he was about to say was important. What he wanted to talk about was a very important issue. The longer he does nothing but watches as time flies, the more their situation is getting dangerous; at least that's what he's thinking. But he can't push Jennie to talk, he doesn't want to be seen as persistent. He doesn't want to offend his Queen.

In the end, Leo just sighed. "I understand, Your Highness."

Just like what Jennie wanted to happen, Leo left her alone and went straight to the shed, the simple, single-story roofed structure just beside the castle where their wines were being stored.

He approached the stack of wine casks and lifted one to put it on the table. His eyes wandered around the room, looking for a glass. Once he finally spotted one, he picked it up and moved it towards the valve connected to the barrel. He filled it up to the mouth of the glass then emptied it without any hesitation.

Jisoo, who had just entered the shed, quickly walked toward him and snatched the glass.

"What the hell are you doing?" Jisoo asked, glaring at Leo.