Chapter 43

Second person's POV

Noi froze when he heard the sudden talking in his silent chamber. Like legit , there's only him with one spirit who's insisting on entering his chamber. If he's not talking , then it would be the spirit who's remained grabbing the window frame firmly. 

But , I mean , imagine this little twaddle he was creating in his little demon mind , a spirit talking to him? I mean , it would be one common thing for spirits to be found on Daemos , since they're identified to be adored and found precious by them Daemos. But if it comes to the talking part , then it would be a complete nonsense if it was told a little knight was having a conversation with a precious and powerful spirit.

When it comes to the topic of having conversations , it would only happen on royalty beings since they're... royalty and they needed grand advises while spirits were one of those beings who was awake for at least the born of the great land of Daemos. Just think about the complete ridiculous nonsense that the poor boy will be creating upon the others , with his own logical senses , he even thought of it to be awfully idiotic.

"What are you thinking about?"
Noi froze once more as he turned to the spirit who's tail wagged left and right. Noi's orange eyes blinked as they're glued to the white snake. The staring contest lasted for a short term of time before was interrupted by the one and only voice that was echoing in the room earlier.

"Are you going to let me in , dear stranger? I thought you guys were uncommonly nice to whatever creatures? Guess you guys have certain levels to call one such I suppose."
Noi screamed and gasped silently to not interrupt the roommates next to him who were resting from all of the duties they have gone through throughout the day. Noi's exhausted body walked backwards and fell on the floppy bed , leaving the snake able to enter the room with its body slithering in the room.

"M-Maybe I have not slept well lately. Darn , things sure gave me illusions with not sleeping well. Even with the illusion of a spirit talking to me. Ugh..."
"Guess , we'll have this conversation tomorrow then. By the top of the fact , you must be exhausted from all of that running."
The spirit said as it rested by the side table , soon snoring in peace with its tongue splitting out from time to time. Noi looked at the curled up spirit as he wondered what's his deal with this one spirit he had showed his kindness towards. But it would be over soon right? The spirit might just wanted hospitality and it would be gone the other day , right?

"What's with the amazed expression , dear stranger?"
Noi have his face rested on his hand that was on his leg as his eyes glued to the snake's and the constantly appearing tongue. He sighed as he questioned with the deal that he made with the spirit.

"Legit , all I did was saving you back then! I didn't really do much of a job! It's just an act of kindness! Which was... utterly idiotic in speaking..."
Noi muttered the last part , but still remained the tone loud enough for the snake to hear.

"That's the whole point."
Noi turned to the snake with his eyebrows raised , 
"You saved me , hence I have came to return the favor , by assisting you through times."
"That would be Rhys or Asch who needed it."
"But you wanted to be stronger right?"
"I mean yes but- Eep!"
Noi jumped and fallen from his floppy bed as someone knocked on his chamber door while a blared sound echoed across the corridors of rooms.

"Noi! Noi! Get up now! We have stuff to do for Asch!"
"C-Coming! Just a second!"
Noi said with his mind with a quick turn , enough to convince the demon to excuse himself first. Noi turned to the snake as it reached out its tail and asked , "Hope we have a deal?"

"W-Wait a damn minute! I have not heard the terms and conditions!"
"Oh , right ," The snake said as it readjust its position as it said , "There's no terms and conditions."
Noi tilted his head , thought if he had misheard.

"What?"
"Like what I said , none. Just ," The snake dragged the letter 't' , "You would have to provide me shelter and meals , and to bring me wherever you go. Plus , I need that window to be opened. After all , I need air and humidity for the sake of my body."
The snake speed run its words , as Noi blinked his eyes before showing up a lame face.

"Wasn't that what I called 'terms and conditions'?"
"I call that hospitality. I'm the guest and you're the host. It makes absolute sense after all."
The snake said with its tongue splitting out while Noi muttered out 'malicious spirit' quietly.

"Also , you have to tell me your name. After all , we'll be acquaintances , followed by friends. It wouldn't be quite a mannered way if I was to call you 'dear stranger' and you calling me 'spirit'."
Noi showed up a lame face for a late upcoming terms and conditions being stated out by the spirit.

Even though whatever the snake mentioned was quite a deal to be done , but... by the purposes of this snake... was unpredictable and undetectable. Legit , for unspeakable reasons , a spirit who came to him and claimed to have her in with the reward of being able to be stronger on each perspective while she have to be around him and being provided with food and shelter.

But... Noi knew deep within , perhaps this was one way to be stronger. Perhaps it's the one and only way to bring him to the point that he might understand whatever Leif told him! Just hope this snake was not some fraud to scam his lifetime.

"Fine. It's a deal."
Noi said with determination shined in his eyes , which quietly amazed the snake itself. Noi then grabbed the tail it reached out and shaked it gently , after all , he doesn't know if it was fragile or not.

"The name's Sunny. And that's what you shall call me for now."
"The name's Noi. But Sunny? Sounds like a girl's name."
The snake showed a lame expression as it said , "I am one?"

Noi widened his eyes as a sound was blared from his room , letting those guards who rose from bed , being questioning that strange reaction of the guard who remained in his chamber for so long.

"What could've happen in there?"
"I heard that he have met the guards from Medonax , along side Prince Asch and his other knights."
"*sigh* They have be traumatized badly."
"Sure do , now let's get some breakfast before the exhausting training begun to break my bones for another day..."