Chapter 28

Zinnex's POV

'The third stack of death threats...'
I thought to myself before tossing the stack of letters into the trash with papers written in blood red colour words like 'Die' , 'You shouldn't be the one' , 'We won't stop until it's over' , 'Why not commit suicide when he left you helpless that day?'.

I crumbled the papers , tossing them into the trash before having my hand covering my face , sighing full of sorrow. 
It has been...how long? 3 weeks? or 4? When did I even begin this mess?

I can't feel a thing or connection between me and Cole , even we have dated for at least 6 times , kissed 5 times. Not because he was a police around the city and he had to set our dates aside. Just that.... he was....quite odd to our relationship...

Remember he just called me 'a friend' when I met some old high school friends of his , or to be better call , my seniors. He legit let go of my hand , slapped me by the back full of shock and pain , treating like his god damn friends.

Thought about it , it was painful till this day...

He doesn't like to let me call him... nicknames...
Remember once I called him 'Rocky' for intimate , he immediately scolded me and insisted me on calling him that. He seemed to be shy on it... Never thought if those names could send goosebumps to someone intimidating like him....

'Better get rid of the bin of papers before Ava or Leif finds out. Bet they're gonna kill those humans around if these were found...'
I thought to myself before tying up the bag of papers and headed out of the apartment to the dumpster with my earbuds in my ears.

"Ugh , dang it , some timing..."
I muttered to myself.
Can't it be any better than your earbuds automatically telling you on 0% of battery , and you're right next to a god damn dumpster?

As I took off my earbuds , I heard some... voices by the alleyway nearby... I turned to only follow the voice , and was shocked by the scenario. I quickly yet quietly gasped as I turned , hitting my back against the brick red wall while my tears gliding down from my eyes.

"W-What if someone s-sees us?..."
"I'll make sure of that~"
"But what if that someone.... was her....?"
"I lost interest in her anyways. Besides , you're just breathtaking to me , compared to that moron."
"Shut up and kiss me all you want , Babe~"
Cole said , without even have his guard up before continuing kissing the girl , who was none other but the blonde bully back in college.

Ha.... Ha.... He lost interest in me... Guess I was right all along....  He was not worth to be trust in the first place.... Yet I gave him my trust... I was so... Stupid... I'm such a moron.... I.... I need my pills...

Walking back to Ava's apartment before wiping off my tears as not to bring up any suspicions , I regained my smile and posture , then walked in the apartment where I have met with Leif who was ultimately panicking for my lost existence.

"Leif , calm down. I just went down to get my trash out."
Yet , he remained silent as his hands cupped my cheeks as he lifted them to his teal eye level.
"Your...eyes..."
"W-What's with my eyes , Leif?"
"They're....red and watery..."
I basically froze and muscles tightened when Leif mentioned so.

Thankfully , Rhys was right on time when he told Leif to get into their pocket dimension royal palace and Leif himself told me to 'wait for him to talk things out'. But , he can't help , could he? This was my business to be concern of , he shouldn't be worried of me and just have me in his mind , then be scolded by Asch the Prince himself.....

I walked back to my room before laid on my bed , ignoring my zero battery ear-pods until I have received 2 separated messages from two humans.

Cole : 
Hey , wanna hang out with us? Kai's deciding to treat us at the bar :]