Chapter 40

Leif's POV

"..eif! Leif!"
I snapped out of thought as I turned to find Ava looking at me concerning.

"I have been calling you seven times... Are you alright?..."
"I was just.... worried... like seriously..."
She had her hand placed on mine as she smiled with a hint of sadness , spoke "I feel the same as you but... we have to move. You can apologize to her for your outburst , soon when we met her.."

"But it's gonna be like... forever! I want to meet her now..."
I said urged , as it has been like.... how long was it? 20 more suns when I last seen her? There was just no sign of her! How can I be such unlucky , how much I wished that I can be as lucky as the day I first met her.

"So do I... I always thought I would be the one who knows more about her... ," I looked at Ava who moved her way to the bench and took a seat as I followed , sitting next to her , "Despite to be the one who being the closest to Zinnex on the surface , I have not...even know at least something about her... But , you! You , know almost... everything! I have underestimated you , clearly..."

"Heh , Phoenix was someone needed the rightful person to tell everything. It's clearly , we're disqualified..."
"No ," I turned to Ava with her face full of determination , "This was round one. We still have time to find out more. Once we find her , let's it be a fair fight."
"Heh , sure , you bring this on."

As we returned from the shop , we walked by the place , called co-ledge where Zinnex used to go. Passing by the narrow street way , I overheard some familiar voices...

"Dude! Do you think she was dead?!"
"I bet she has already ran away before we even went down."
"L-Let's be honest here , Zinnes was nowhere to be found , but her blood was splattered across the wall... Do you guys actually found you pushed off the building?"
I dropped the bags as I phased in the alleyway , grabbed the man by the collar , pinning him by the wall.

"What did you just say?"
"I-I didn't say a word , sir!"
"Then , what do you meant by Zinnex was pushed off a building with her blood splattered across the walls?"
I yelled at him to answer me as Ava managed to pull me off and questioned for my antics.

"He claimed that they pushed Zinnex off the building!"
"We didn't- Wait , Ava?! W-what are you doing here?!"
"Apparently , I'm buying some groceries with my friend here. Until he dropped some eggs and ran his way in here."
The girl had her hand crazily shivering in fear as she kneeled down for forgiveness.

"Please Ava! Don't tell your father about this! We didn't mean to push her off! She just dropped off and-!"
"She...what?"
"So you did push her off!"
I grabbed the girl by the hair , growling in rage. I have not been angry than before , this might be much more angrier than last 2 suns before....

"It was an pure accident! Please... F-Forgive  for our sins... B-But , we don't know if she came out alive! It might be true she come out alive as she has a tenacious life!"
I growled by her fake innocent smile , wanting to pull my sickles to just bring them to an end. Yet Ava hold me off , as she turned to them in rage , spoke , "I'll talk to my father about this , so is the new Chief himself. See you in prison. Let's go Leif."

"He said she was dead... But h-how...."
"They might be lying , Leif. Get yourself together. Things will be settled on smoothly , once we REALLY find her and prove she was stronger than any of those humans!"
Ava encouraged as I smiled as agreement. It was so fast that I have just realised that we have returned to the base. It was then Ava was reminded to pick up a bag of called 'trash' and let me put in the bags in the house.

"Lady Grandma has not responded me alright?!"
I was stunned by Rhys's yelling. Does he has gone into some wrong stuff or has one of his nerves was a twist there?