Chapter 35

Ava's POV

After returned from the laundry , I have been stayed in my room , with my hand held by the cheek , as my mind was kept on spinning around a single simple conversation with a old lady....

"M-Mrs Oats! It's been quite some time! How have you been?"
I greeted the lady as she returned a smile to me , politely claimed that she had been great.

"How your friend with your boy toys?"
"Zinnex was fine. But , boy toys?! Mrs Oats , they're just friends of mine!"
"Oh geez , I'm just teasing. But last night was quite a night in your apartment~"
"What were you even talking about , Mrs Oats?"
I looked at the smiling lady in a questioning look.

"I believe my apartment was silent in the night. As Zinnex was legit sick last night and we all left her to rest."
"Are you sure , dear? You're quite confident for your friend to not having any relationships with one of your boy toys."
"She was taken , Mrs Oats. And I was clear with her loyalty towards a certain relationship."
"People changed throughout time , Ava. Come think about it , that white haired boy of yours was quite concern and caring towards your friend."

Now come think of it.... Leif was quite fond towards Zinnex. The time they spend together , the endless times when Leif yelled at Asch who's talking trash of Zinnex , the countless times when Zinnex smiled at Leif's flirts , treating him as a friend.... It was only felt like me and Zinnex were apart hundred feets away while Leif was having those steps move forward , closer to Zinnex. 

But friends , can gone really far in relationship.... Would they even.... Ah!!! Cut it out Ava! You're thinking too much! Zinnex was quite a innocent girl like Noi! She couldn't possibly get the point of that!
I mentally screamed in my pillow as Johnny looked at me with a 'are you crazy or something' look.

Calm down , Ava....Plus she was in a healthy relationship with Cole Brookstone... It was then absolutely impossible for such thing to even happen... I mean , it was Cole we're talking about here. Handsome , trained , even better a police who can protect her , compared to a damn assassin who attempt to kill me back those days....

But Leif with Zinnex?....
Things would just gone out of hand like that....
He might kill her if there's a chance....
Out of all these times flies , I have attempt to protect her , just to return the favour ,  like how she helped me out from those bullies that were still messing up with her till this day. It was me who dragged her into this.....

"Princess Ava , there's the yellow haired human by the door."
Rhys walked in and said. I raised my eyebrow as I stood up from my bed , not forgetting to take a glimpse at Zinnex's room's shut doors , sighing before dashing to the doors.

"Jake , I thought the rent was already paid?"
"Yes , but this... I thought if you might be interested..."
He said while pulling out his phone and showed me a paused clip of the security camera.
I raised my eyebrow at him , as I questioned on the purpose showing me this.

"Were you trying to tell me a robbery happened or stuff? Why not send this to the police?"
"This was something much more interested by the paparazzi."
He said as he begun to play the video. 

In the video , it was first Zinnex who first dashed into the apartment , with the glitched screen , I really it was a falsehood , but was that Zinnex crying...? It was speed up to when she walked out from the apartment in a fresh new set of clothes and her eyes were quite red and puffed up. It was sped up to the night , where I noticed a shadow flashed across the hallway. Me being confused , stroking my chin , it was then when it all snapped in my head.

The clip where Leif carried her back in the apartment. I can finally see , even there's merely a dim light source to see the face. But that spiky hair , along with those horns. I can tell it was him. 
"Are you trying to tell me that my friend has been just nice to Zinnex , was a disturbing issue around?"
"W-We're now not talking about the neighbourhoods! It's about Zinnex's safety! Because of this..."