Overprotective! Cross x Child! Reader

Requested by @lux90900!

Cross was pulling you through the trees of Underswap, trying to find a good spot for you to hide in. The monsters were on the surface in this AU, so Cross had no worries about you being found by them.
He was worried about the other bad sanses finding you though.
"Why do I have to hide, Cross?" You asked, face tucked into your scarf even if you couldn't feel the cold.
"Cause I work with some bad monsters, and I don't want them hurting you."
"Cross?"
Cross spat a curse under his breath, tucking you into a hollow under a tree before turning around.
Peeking out, you saw a ink-covered skeleton, his face less than displeased.
"There you are. What are you doing out here?"
"Just looking for more pieces from my world, Nightmare."
"You can do that later, let's go."
The dark skeleton turned away, and Cross began to slowly follow.
Would Cross be coming back for you? Would someone else find you before then?
Crawling out of the hollow, you began to follow Cross and Nightmare at a slow pace, staying far back to avoid detection.
Until the duo left through a portal, and you quickly rushed forward to stay behind them. You didn't count of tripping as you went through, falling face first into a stone floor. The sound was enough to cause Cross and Nightmare to turn.
"Who is that?"
"(Y/n)!" Cross rushed to you, scooping you up and tracing his thumb over the small hairline crack in your nose bone. "Why are you here?"
"Didn't wanna leave you." You replied, gripping onto his scarf.
"Cross. Who is that?"
Cross turned to Nightmare, his grip on you tightening. "They're my little sibling, and I'll fight you tooth and nail if you hurt them."
Nightmare growled low, eye narrowed as he looked between you and Cross.
"Fine. But you're held responsible if they do something."
"I'm aware."
"Now let's go." Nightmare turn on his heels and began to walk once more, and Cross was quick to stand and follow with your hand held firmly in his.