Dusttale! Sans x Reader

Requested by the lovely corvid, @ender3073!~
(I still hate how Wattpad won't let you tag people you aren't followed to. So dumb smh. If it's a settings thing I somehow flipped, pls lemme know)
(Hi get ready for some angst as well *supplies you with a hardhat, some tissues, and good ol pat on the back*)

You were as naive as Papyrus, some would say, as harsh as it sounded.
To think someone who had been killing monsters over and over for the past fifty timelines with no remorse or hesitation could possibly change for the better was foolish.
Sans hated using such words to describe his siblings, but deep down he knew it were true, and he couldn't help but wonder why you continued to try the method Papyrus always failed at.
"Shouldn't you be used to their game by now?" He asked you, watching as your form slowly crumbled to dust, slashed to ribbons by that wretched knife. "They aren't going to change (Y/n), you know that."
"I know..."
Gods, your voice sounded almost pitiful.
"Then why? Why do you keep insisting?"
"Frisk can stop them." You murmured, seeing Sans perk up to the sound of the human's name, the good human. "I know they're determined enough to stop all this. I just... have to reach them."
"...(Y/n)..."
"A-And if I can reach them! Then... Then they can stop Cha... can stop that..." you were getting tearful now, the shock from the blows wearing off and bringing pain, "A-And we can be happy again... we can go up... again..."
Sans bit his tongue, not daring to tell you Frisk wasn't ever coming back. You were one of the few things that still bled light and joy into the Hellscape of a universe you lived in, even long after you'd been dusted. Sans wasn't about to let that die by his words.
If he was being honest with himself, you and Papyrus were the only things that kept him fighting. If he could find a way to end this torment once and for all, he could start the path to heal, and live happily on the surface, like you were supposed to.
You saw how sad he looked in that moment, deep down you knew he dealt with all this in the hardest way possible.
You watched as he crouched down, the snow crunching underneath him as he settled at your side, just like he did every time you or Papyrus died, whether by his hand or Chara's.
He took your dusting hand in his, letting the quiet speak for him.
"...Hey Sans...?"
"Yes?"
"...Could I stick with you in the next timeline? I don't think I like being alone anymore."
You couldn't see him anymore, your eyesight now flaked away with most of your body. But you felt his tears drip down onto what was left of your hand.
"Y-Yeah... Yeah, you can stick with me, (Y/n)."
You smiled, just before the cold, Snowdin winds took you from his grasp.
Sans was silent for a while, listening to the howling winds echo with the screams and cries of timelines past before he stood, a jagged bone being summoned in his hands.
He had a demon to kill.
This time, he'd make sure it didn't come back.