Kris x Older! Reader

(No I have not finished chap 2 yet.)
(Take this as a pathetic attempt at uploading something lol, requests/ideas would be appreciated, can't guarantee I can do them all tho)
(Not a request. Reader is GN!)

"Kris!" You called, entering the house you grew up in. You'd been away for a college tour, seeing as you were leaving soon, so you decided to stop by to see your little brother.
You heard the thundering of footsteps from upstairs, and watched in mild amusement as Kris practically fell down them in his haste to get to you.
"Missed me?" You joked, a grunt leaving you as your stomach was tackled as Kris' hugged you tightly.
He nodded, grinning as you ruffled his hair.
"(Y/n)!" You looked up to see your mother, stepping out of the kitchen with a pie. "So good to see you dear, how have you been?"
"I've been good!" You replied, letting Kris tug you into the kitchen after your mother. "I got to meet all my teachers and see where all my classes are will be at, so since I'm leaving soon I'd thought I'd drop by for another visit before I left."
Your happily accepted the slice of home-cooked pie from your mother, practically drooling at the smell.
"That's right, you won't be back until around Christmas time, will you?"
"Yeah, but at least then we'll all be home for the holidays."
As you ate your pie, Kris, in his own way, was telling you all about the stuff he'd been learning in school. When your mother stepped out for a moment, you quickly braced your hands on the kitchen table, leaning in with a serious expression.
"Have you discovered the closet yet?"
Kris stopped mid-bite, gaping at you with wide red eyes. You grinned at him, glancing at the doorway to make sure your mom hadn't returned yet before digging into your pocket, and pulling out an old, folded Ace of Hearts card.
"This helped me when I traveled in that strange place when I was younger. Remember when I'd disappear for afternoons from time to time?"
Kris nodded, reaching out with a slightly shaky hand to delicately take the card from you.
"That's where I was," you continued, "and a special little friend of mine gave that to me. I think his name was Seam...? Anyways, it may look like a regular card now, but just wait until you take it into the Dark World."
As Kris carefully pocketed the card, your mother returned, taking your empty plates from you.

You waved goodbye to your mother and Kris, having to gently pry your little brother off of you as you tried to leave.
"I'll be back Kris!" You laughed slightly, bending to his height, "Just remember that card I gave you, it'll come in handy. Stay safe, okay?"
After ruffling his hair, you slipped into your car, driving off back to college to prepare for the year.

Kris jumped back into the closet as soon as he was able to, watching as his form changed, and as the card flew out of his pocket. As he hit the ground, he looked up seeing the card flutter down as its form changed too. He reached up and caught it, seeing how it was now a bright red shield. You were always protective of him when he was younger, and now you had a new way of protecting him.