Toriel x Reader

Technically not a Toriel and Sibling reader, more so a friend oneshot! You are Asgore's sibling in this timeline/oneshot!

Not a request, just an idea!

(Not angsty, but feelsy)

"I cannot let you pass, human!" You growled, flames dancing on your paws as you blocked the door to the underground. So many humans had slipped past you, and never returned, word of their demise finding you through the Ruins' cracks.
Your brother had gone mad with the death of his children, and when you found he had plans to kill any human that fell, you had left the castle, slipping away into the Ruins where Toriel eventually followed you.
Since then, you vowed to protect every human that fell, not daring to let them slip past into a place you couldn't — wouldn't — follow.
This one, the seventh human to fall over the years, looked up at you with teary eyes, wincing at the flames you threw past them.

* The Human tries to talk to you.

"You think words will help you survive out there?!" You shouted, throwing another barrage of flames.
They dodged well, trying to speak to you again.
"You don't know what it's like beyond these doors!"
You didn't notice, but they could hear the emotion in your voice, pain and heartache from over the years.
'I won't give my brother the satisfaction of another Soul!' You thought, throwing another attack. You watched the human get hit hard, and with a last split second decision, you had the flames rush around them.
"Just go back upstairs." You spoke again, the flames fading from your paws. "We can get you patched up, and Toriel can make some pie. Doesn't that sound better than fighting for your life...?"
The human shook their head, getting to their feet.

* The Human states they can handle themselves.

"What makes you so sure?" You spoke bitterly, tears forming in your eyes, "Each and every one of the humans that said that to me have died after leaving here! Don't you understand?! Leaving the Ruins means death!"
You could hear your voice cracking now, your resolve crumbling as you sank to your knees, tears wetting the fur on your face.
Two arms wrapped around your midsection, and you quietly buried your face into the human's shoulder.
"Please... please reconsider... I can't..."
Another pair of arms wrapped around you, Toriel's form bringing warmth to your side.
"Let them go on, (Y/n)." She murmured, "I believe they can survive out there."
"B-But—!"
"(Y/n)."

* The Human promise they'll survive.

"You better keep that promise..." you breathed, hugging them a bit tighter before letting them go. You patted their head before you all stood, and after taking a deep breath, you headed back upstairs, unable to watch another child step through those cursed doors.
It was a few minutes before Toriel followed you up the stairs, finding you in the kitchen mulling over a cup of tea.
"I'm sure they'll be fine, (Y/n). They are a very determined child." She spoke, patting your paw with her own as she moved to cut the pie she had made earlier.
"For your sake and mine, I hope you are right."