Gaster x Child! Reader

Requested by @Sophiemusicmaster14.

~~~

Gaster had been visiting Toriel in the Ruins when they came upon you. You'd fallen down into the mountain, nose bloodied from your fall and leaving you teary eyed.
Toriel healed your nose for you, brushing away your tears.
"Gaster? Do you think you could watch over them? I'm afraid the puzzles in the Ruins will be a bit too much for a child this young." Toriel asked him, scooping you up.
"Of course Toriel."
Gaster took you from the goat queen, cradling you to his shoulder as they began to walk back.

"Sans? Papyrus?" Gaster called out as he opened the door to his home and lab, "I've returned."
"Papa!" Papyrus chirped, jumping up from the couch to rush to his father's side. "Who's that with you?"
"This," Gaster set you down, "is (Y/n). They fell down into Mt. Ebott. Toriel asked me to watch over them."
"So we have a new sibling?" Papyrus asked innocently, staring at you with bright, wide eyes. You caught sight of Sans, coming up behind Papyrus.
"Something like that, if they end up staying, we'll treat them just like one of the family."
In the next beat you found Papyrus rushing to hug you, Sans coming up to hug you as well.
Did the first time in a while, you felt at home.