Muffet x Reader

(First Muffet oneshot?~)
Requested by the lovely corvid, @ButDamnWhatIfWeDid!~
(I adore your username—)

"(Y/n)? Could you grab me the flour?"
"Sure thing!" You chirped, pausing in your dish washing to dry your hands and grab the sack of flour for your older sister.
Monsters had reached the surface about a year ago, and Muffet & (Y/n)'s Bakery was doing rather well. You'd both gotten up early as usual, so you could bake and bake some more for the upcoming customers.
"Here ya go!" You hummed, heaving the rather heavy onto the counter next to Muffet, going back to washing the various pans and mixing bowls you both had previously used.
"Thank you!"
Normally, you'd both have the spiders help you bake, but you both quickly learned some people got creeped out by it, so you turned your little helpers into sign holders and flyer givers.
After all, they could travel faster than you could since they walked on all eight legs.
Nonetheless, you'd finished washing the bowls and pans you'd used, moving on to quickly dry them. Meanwhile Muffet had finished pouring the batter into the cupcake pans, and swiftly set them in the oven.
"Once these cupcakes bake, that should be good for the day. And if needed we can bake more later on!" She hummed, patting your back as she passed you at the sink.
"Think today will be busy again?" You piped up, setting the last bowl in its respective place in the cabinet.
"Maybe! It'll be good for business!"
"Maybe so, but not good for our bodies, we were worn out last time it got really busy."
Muffet giggled at you, stepping out of the kitchen to flip the sign to 'Open!~'.

It was an average day, a bit busy in the morning as people either got off work from the night shift, or were headed to work for the day shift. It slowed down until lunchtime, which was a bit busy as well, with students and workers stopping in on their lunch breaks. And it finally began to wind down as the afternoon rush of students getting out of school began to slow.
You were sweeping behind the counter when you heard the bell jingle at the door, Muffet in the kitchen cleaning dishes and decorating a new batch of cookies.
"Welcome to Muffet and (Y/n)'s Bakery!" You called over your shoulder, quick to sweep the dust into a dust pan before you turned, "How can I he-haaa!"
You felt your nerves skyrocket at the sight of Grillby, your heart melting as he gave a small wave.
"I'll just take a Spider Donut please, extra chocolate glaze."
"S-Sure thing!"
How do I explain this in simple terms?
You have a crush on Grillby.
And it was a gamble at this point if he was truly oblivious to it, or he was acting so to spare you in some way.
Shaking your head slightly to try and disperse your jumpy nerves. You quickly grabbed a small travel bag and got the Spider Donut packaged nice and neat with practiced ease, setting it on the counter before you rang up the total.
Grillby, quiet as ever, paid for the donut, leaving with another small wave your way.
"When are you going to confess?~"
You jumped a foot in the air, spinning around to see your sister grinning at you. She looked much more like a cat than a spider in that moment.
"I-I have no idea what your t-talking about!" You stammered, moving to resume sweeping the floor. You heard Muffet giggle behind you, retreating back into the kitchen.