Storyfell! Chara x Male! Shy! Reader

(Storyshift confuses me a bit, but oh well, here ya go XD)
(went with a shy child gets adopted by edgy teen in the underground route here)

Requested by the lovely TheMeMeThief !~

You push the door closed behind you, wincing as you step back. You glance down, seeing your skinned knees and torn clothes.
Never again, you thought, never again would you be going back through there.
Frowning deeply at the icy cold now eating away at your already aching skin, you turn and half walk, half drag your feet through the snow, the icy flakes sometimes slipping into your boots and freezing your feet. The howling winds and the crunch of snow underfoot are all you can hear before your ears catch a second set of footsteps.
Fearing it's the skeleton coming out of the ruins door to chase you down, you break off into the fastest sprint you can muster. You hear branches snapping behind you, the footsteps becoming louder with each step.
You cross over this weird looking bridge, and a stand of sorts comes just into view before you trip with a sharp yelp, faceplanting into the chilling snow. A pair of hands scoop you up a few moments later, definitely not belonging to the skeleton in the ruins.
"Relax kid, lemme see you." A voice attempts to soothe you as you're seated on the stand you saw. You look up, surprised to see a human down here. The half scowl on their face melts a little at your wide eyed expression, and they reach around the stand for a med kit that was stashed there. "What's your name?"
"(Y/n)..." You mumble quietly, making a face as the other human begins tending to the scrapes on your knees.
"(Y/n) huh? My name's Chara." Chara offers a small grin as they set aside the med kit, scooping you once more off the counter and into their arms. You cling onto their jacket, gazing out at the forest, watching the various monsters that live there eye you both through the trees.
Eventually, you found yourself falling asleep, latched on to Chara like a koala.

~~~

You awoke to find yourself on a couch, bundled up like a caterpillar in a cocoon. Giggling internally, you wriggled back and forth, pretending you're hatching as you wriggle your way out of the blankets. Looking around, you found yourself to be in a house of sorts, and heard the sound of someone in a kitchen.
Brought back to reality from your momentary imagination land, you slowly get down from the couch, padding barefoot across the slightly dirty carpet.
You catch sight of your still-drying boots at the door, sitting next to a larger pair. Turning back to the kitchen doorway, you poke your head in, seeing Chara moving about, seemingly attempting to cook something.
You go to move away, to head back to the couch, but you're stopped by their voice.
"Awake huh?" Chara turns to grin at you, "Good, I was just about to start making you some food."
You give a small smile in return, only to jump as the door opens a little louder than expected.
"Chara, who is that?" A voice shouts as you scramble into the kitchen, hiding behind Chara's legs.
"This is (Y/n)." Chara says simply, patting your head before scooping you up and setting you on their hip, going about their cooking as if nothing was wrong.
"But he's human!"
"And I'm keeping him, Asriel."
The goat monster, apparently Asriel, made a face, letting out a heavy sigh as he shut the door, shed his own pair of boots, and stepped into the kitchen, watching you both for a moment.
You stared back at him from over Chara's shoulder with wide, (e/c) eyes, a bit more calm now that Chara gave off the impression that they'd protect you at any given moment.
"...Any specific reason?" Asriel asked, crossing his arms.
"Felt like it." Chara replied, poking your shoulder to catch your attention so you could try the (food) they were making.
Asriel rolled his eyes, as it he'd heard that one before.
"Just make sure he doesn't cause any problems. You do that enough already!"
"Can't make any promises.~"