Alphys x Amalgamation! Reader

(Getcha hard hats and prepare to being broken like glass y'all. You requested partial angst and I deliver)
(So sorry for the long wait, depression sucks ass, but I've been trying to work on other hobbies, made some new friends, and started working on a Warrior Cats animatic)

Requested by the lovely NingningPurple22!~

You were wracked with another bout of coughing, wincing as it made your lungs and throat hurt.
"A-Alphieee..." You rasped, clinging to her sleeve as she rushed over.
"I know (Y/n), I know..." She murmured, running her hand over your forehead.
You were getting sick, like a lot of monsters from various parts of the Underground.
And Alphys was slowly beginning to panic, her treatments doing less and less to help them.
But now with you getting sicker and sicker, she was getting desperate.
And desperate led her to using DT injections.
The injections worked, and the sick monsters were up and moving around, and you were practically bouncing on your toes, beaming brightly up at your big sister.
"Alphie! Alphie! I'm better!"
And Alphys looked so happy, tears of joy and relief springing to her eyes. That had been the day she brought you a toy robot, in case you had still felt bad.
You looked so cheerful with the toy, running around to the other cured patients and doctors to show them.
Then the melting began.
The dog patients had started melting, then the Snowdrakes, and the other monsters in the facility.
Alphys did what she could, her voice shrill and panicked as she found no solution to this.
Then your hand began to feel heavy, and looking down, you saw your hand melting as well.
"Alphie!!!"
You heard the distinct crash of Alphys dropping whatever she was holding, rushing into the room you were in.
You were crying now, feeling your face begin to melt and distort.
"Nononono!!!" You'd never heard Alphys sound so terrified, and you glanced up from the floor to see another doctor dragging Alphys away.
"Dr. Alphys, we need to get out of here!"
"No! I-I need to help her! Please!"
You dropped your toy and moved yourself as best you could after them, Alphys' screaming pitching when another doctor locked you in. You were too little to look out the window of the door, but you could hear Alphys fighting, her voice gradually growing quieter the further she was dragged.
"(Y/n) I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!!!"

- Several Years Later -

You sat in the true lab, quietly playing with the small you robot you had.
The other amalgamates had to let you out of the room you were locked in, seeing as you couldn't reach the door knob.
The lab was quiet, abandoned.
You had spent the years getting to know the other patients, spending time with them and overall doing you best to keep their spirits up.
Then the elevator was activated.
You perked up to the noise from the other room, getting to your feet and shuffling through the room to go see.
A human rushed out of the elevator, soon followed by Alphys.
"F-Frisk...!" She stuttered, looking reluctant to be down here.
"Alphieeeee!" You rasped, stumbling as you tried to rush towards her.
"(Y/n)!?" Alphys gasped, running to you.
The human moved into a different room, either giving you two your privacy or to explore against Alphys' word like you always did.
"Y-you're still down h-here?" Alphys breathed, hands trembling as they hovered around your face.
You set the toy robot down with care, reaching out afterward to hug Alphys' middle, feeling her hands gently rest in your back.
"I'm s-so s-sorry, (Y/n)..." You could hear her beginning to cry, so you tightened your grip on her.
"'S okay... You were only trying to help..."
You both stood there for a long moment, before Alphys finally pulled back, glancing around as the other amalgamates gathered.
"...I... I think you've all spent long enough down here..."

You and the others were finally back with your respective families. And while the news of what happened shocked many, you all managed to work your way into society once again.
You spent your days with Alphys, marveling over Mettaton and even asking your sister to make your robot more like him, and even met Alphys' new friends.
Maybe someday you and the others could go back to normal, but for now, you were content with this.