GZtale! Sans x Caring! Younger Sister! Reader

Requested by the lovely MorganLeFox!~

You sat in a chair, more than willing to have Ganz sit on the floor so you could heal the crack in his skull. Ganz was quiet, simply resting for the time being as you healed him.
"...Were you trying to protect a human again?" You were quiet, your tone gentle.
He didn't answer, staring down at the floor with hollow eyes. You didn't press for an answer, reaching down to gently hook your arms under his chin, lifting his head a bit as you hugged his skull.
"You don't have to answer." You murmured, smiling when his hands lifted to rest on your arms, returning your hug.

You were with Papyrus, and Ganz was somewhere else.
You couldn't stop thinking about how Ganz didn't want to see the humans be killed so... harshly. You understood where he was coming from, you sometimes had nightmares of their screams.
But you also understood Papyrus' point of view, the monsters needed the human souls to get to the surface.
But did he really have to hurt Ganz...?
"(Y/n)?"
You were pulled out of your thoughts, glancing up to see Papyrus watching you. "Is something wrong?"
"Oh... Uhm..." You glanced down, trying to figure out how to word your question.
"...Why do you hurt Ganz...?"
"What?"
"You get mad at him sometimes, and you hurt him... Why? Why can't you just use your words? What if you end up going too far?"
You stopped there, your meaning clearly not missed. You constantly fear Papyrus will hurt Ganz beyond repair.
"By trying to protect those humans, he is keeping the monsters from their goal of reaching the surface."
"But you don't need to hurt him!"
"How else is he going to learn (Y/n)?" He huffed, glancing off to the side, were the patrol of dogs were mingling. "I need to return to my post. I will see you later tonight."
You bit your tongue as he walked away, knowing if you spoke it might've spelled your doom.
Sometimes you wondered if he even cared.
Shaking the thought away, you turned and walked along the path, hoping to run into Ganz.

Not again.
You were not going to let Ganz get hurt again. You ran towards your brothers, who were currently having a stand off.
Just as Papyrus flung an attack, you stood between them with your arms outstretched. You couldn't get your blaster skull up in time, and Papyrus' attack landed directly into your shoulder.
"(Y/N)!"
You stumbled back into Ganz' arms, staring up at Papyrus. The attack was so close to hitting you in the skull, and the shock and horror on his face was clear enough.
Next thing you know, Ganz is scooping you into his arms, sending a very enraged glare to Papyrus before running off in the direction of the Ruins.