Gztale! Papyrus x Younger! Reader

(*sips tea* bet you weren't expecting this were you?)

Not a request.

Papyrus would be the last one to admit the hold the Doctor still held on you. Years after the experiments, the memories still tormented you, both in waking and in sleep. Sans outgrew the nightmares, able to keep himself collected throughout the day.
You, on the other hand, were plagued by the nightmares, being woken up from a deep sleep with fear and phantom pains digging into your bones. You would always cover those markings, hide away from them to avoid the memories.
And whenever you'd have those nightmares, Papyrus would find himself being woken up by your muffled cries, and shortly after pick up on Sans' voice making itself known as he calmed you down.

It had been a while since your last nightmare, and in that time period Sans had disappeared after another argument with Papyrus, fleeing off to hide away somewhere.
Papyrus was pulled from his sleep late one night, your muffled cries familiar through the wall. He figured you'd calm yourself down like you usually did when Sans wasn't home. Your cries grew quiet, and as Papyrus shut his eyes again, the soft creak of his door made his head shot up off the pillow.
"I-I'm sorry..." you breathed, head down, looking like you regretted coming to his room, "I c-can go back to my room, s-sorry for waki—"
"Come here."
You peeked up him, markings glowing brightly in the dark of the house before you quietly made your way to him. Papyrus picked you up, holding you to his chest in an almost protective way as he leaned back against the pillows.
You were honestly surprised, Papyrus was stern and mean most of the time, so adamant on finding human souls to the point he treated his siblings poorly.
"I know I don't treat you as well as I should, but I can assure you he can't get to you anymore."
You quietly nodded, merely curling up a bit and taking what affection Papyrus was offering.
"Hey Paps?" You asked quietly, voice soft as sleep began to take you.
"Yes (Y/n)?"
"Could I join you tomorrow? I wanna train too."
In the dark, unseen as your markings faded away, Papyrus smiled. "Of course, (Y/n)."