Part of Your World

She laid there in the ocean waters watching the moon sparkle in the night. Softening dreaming of herself as her hair spreads through the warm waters, she often thinks of how huge the world is in her outside home. She was created when she was a little girl and since that time, she often wondered what it was like to be in a new world full of strange beings called humans. She placed her hand onto where her birthmark symbol is on her chest as she often thought to herself, swishing her tail. She dove deep underwater disappearing into the waves.

Although she has never been in the ocean, she has been seeing it ever since. The reason that he had been here is because of her gills. They allowed her to breathe in the water so she needs to survive. A long time ago, she was born with three sisters that were different species than her. In fact, they are the same sea turtle species but with strange magical powers in their blood. They were able to walk on the shore except for her, because of her dry skin, she dehydrates quickly, her scales will peel off to reveal dry skin, her wings will shrink, and she starts to have a hard time breathing. And when no one comes to save her, she'll die.

She was forced to stay in the water so she could be safe. Her sister often has to find something for her gills to breathe in and something to keep her gills moist. A scuba helmet? No, they can't hear her voice since it goes on her head. A scuba tank that she can breathe? She won't speak and only makes muffled sounds. An aerator? Yes. Maybe this might work for her gills. It's moist and comfortable. They might be able to stick in her neck. Upon entering another empty section of the ocean, she spotted a sunken ship at the bottom of the sea. She had heard tales of ships being skin into the waters and all those who had been lost were forgotten. She listens to stories about mermaids who lure pirates into their demise and many humans hunt mermaids because they actually half fish. Not to mention, it was home to many sea folk that lived here.

She began to brace herself and began to swim into the sunken ship. She had to be careful because of sharks. Sharks kill sea turtles for food and she has to be very careful. The way to stay away from the shark is to remain calm and it will go away. Who knows what they'll be lurking. She slowly began to swim inside the porthole and began to look inside.

Although the shipwreck is dark, her glowing scales give light so she can see what was in there. There is sea grass covering the old boards, coral is growing and most of the pillars are about to break. She carefully began to open her satchel bag for collecting those who are lost at sea.

She spotted a few like this treasure chest. She opened it and she spotted a covered up telescope. As she looked at it, she could see so much life inside. She could keep it, that way it will remind her of the ocean. She placed it into her bag and continued to search for more stuff. She found another object, a pipe and found a music box. It needed a little tweaking and that pipe is clogged. The only source she found is a shiny object. She looked to see it was coming from the deepest deck of the ship. She swam closer until she saw something that would change her life.

It was a white crystal shard that sparkled in the dark. It was the most beautiful thing that she ever could lay eyes on. She slowly dug it out of the ground and started to dust the sand off it. That crystal might be a good use if she wore it as a necklace. She placed the crystal in her bag with a lot of other forgotten stuff in the satchel. She often called them 'lost things.'

As she exited out of the ocean and into the reefs, she could see a few fish swimming around the corals. She began to imagine what it was like to find someone perfect, liking her lost things, and even swimming with her. She began to remember the time when she was fourteen just a year ago.

As a tween, she used to start liking the ocean a lot. And one time, she wanted to have a beautiful boyfriend, a reptile species just like her with a shell, scales covering his skin, a genuine smile and something that she liked. She can be part of their world since she never walked on land. Her sisters have never been here to the ocean because they only breathe air, but she can. She has the ability to use her water magic since she is a hybrid and something no one else can see.