War and Pizza

Rin is walking down the street late at night, looking over at the book for any new yokai. When she heard music playing, she saw that it was coming from a restaurant with a giant bear head above it. On the sign, it spelled, "Albearto's Pizzeria," Curiously, she put her hands on the window and looked. Inside, kids are running and playing various arcade games. Seeing all these kids is making her want to join in. Rin giggled happily as she hops down, changing into a cat and entering inside. It was similar to all fantasy kid restaurants and most of them were ordering from the menus.

"How did you even get in there?" April was in the job as the employee who was trying to get a little boy out of the claw machine. It was full of tomato dolls that looked like one of the robotic mascots.

"I hope we aren't headed for another of your 'epic party fails', Party Captain O'Neil," the manager said, annoyed.

April suddenly took the notice. "No way, sir," she said, nervously. "Tonight's the night I'm finally getting a party all the way through Albearto's happy birthday song and cake."

"You better," he sneered, "because this is your last chance." He walks away to his office, leaving April with the kids.

April took a few deep breaths to calm herself. "You got this, Party Captain O'Neil."

"Hi, April."

April turned and saw Rin in her cat form. The pink kitty with the big ears stood up on two feet. "Rin. Good to see you," April greeted her. "I need your help. I'm trying to do a birthday for a little boy. Rin, you can help entertain the kids, right?"

"Of course. I know I can't expose myself. But I'll try." One of the kids thought that Rin was one of the mascots and tried to touch her, but the cat shifter scurried backstage.

April gets on the stage to prepare the performance. The curtains open up to reveal three animatronics. A bear with a chef's hat, a pepperoni drummer that looked like a president, and a tomato guitarist.

"Get hyped, kids!" she announced. "Coming to the stage to sing 'Happy Birthday', give a big 'what up' to the Cheese Master of Bear-imonies, Albearto and his Funtime Band, Cheery Tomato and President Pepperoni!"

The bear robot spoke in a robotic-like voice. "Bon giorno, kiddies! I hear someone's a year older today, and I'm not just talking about my underwear."

President Pepperoni does a rim shot with his drums. None of the kids, except for one, wasn't laughing.

To them, this band seemed a little boring at first. But for Rin, she wished it was a lot better to upgrade them.

"Okay, sing with me, kiddies! Happy-"

"Hey, Albearto. Incoming!" Timmy yelled. He throws a mug of soda while the rest of the kids cheer.

The mug flies over her head and hits Albearto, splattering his face and landing in his mouth. Electricity starts crackling and Albearto's whole body shakes. Kaboom! Albearto explodes and collapses on his face. Rin froze with surprise as she and April stared at the robot, her face full of terror. She didn't think this was perfect, she thought it was dreadful. The kids started yelling and throwing things and running everywhere. Rin buried her head.

"Not good, not good," April stammered. She crouched down and began to hide in a safe spot. Rin started to dodge a few pizza slices and a few mugs and in spite of avoiding getting hit and crawled behind a desk where April is hiding.

"What are we gonna do now, April?" she asked desperately.

"Don't worry. I know what to call." April takes out her phone, scrolls to Donnie's listing and calls him.