One Man's Junk

With Donnie and Mikey having already passed flyers for mystic metal, the remaining land and sea turtles waited at their custom store. The title gave a change to Leo's Paper Hut to Mystic Metal Merchants.

"I don't know about this plan," said Raph, uncertain. "If we want to find the last pieces of the Dark armor, shouldn't we be out there chasing down rumors and shaky leads?"

"It's called crowd-sourcing, Raph," Donnie replied. "Why bust our own humps-"

"When there are thousands of Yokai in the city, who can bust their humps for us?" Mikey blurted out, wearing the fake glasses like he did when they first put up the Leo's Paper Hut building. "They schlep their scraps to us and we just chillax here and see if it is part of the Dark armor."

"Okay, I do like the laziness angle but I'm not taking sides yet," Manako peeped.

A man stepped through the hand made door with a brown box in his hands.

"Ooh, a seller," Mikey grinned. "See what happens when you give our ideas a chance, Raph?"

The man placed the box on the desk and opened the box. Donnie slid up and pulled his goggles to examine the object. This wasn't a dark armor piece. "Excuse me, we are a reputable fly by night organization. How dare you bring this worthless garbage in?" Donnie hissed, offended. He kicked the man right out as the siblings poke their heads out beside him.

"Epic plan fail!" Leo laughed.

"Nerd!" Shira called out.

"We haven't failed yet," Tomoka assured them. "The glow on that piece is off the charts!"

"Told ya, Raph!" Mikey agreed. "Dark armor, here we-"

He was interrupted by another person. It was not a human but a green female mantis with a kimono-like jacket. She looks the same size as Repo but smaller and her eyes are purple and she has black hair brushed in a hero cut.

"Excuse me? Does anyone work here?" she asked.

"Yes. We do," Tomoka said.

The female mantis took a look at the custom store. "I got to say, this hut was not built properly."

The others nod.

"Did you bring any mystic metal?" Donnie asked the mutant.

She shook her head. "No, sir. I don't but I heard someone knows. I have a brother. He's purple with black hair and was quite bossy."

"Bossy? You have a brother?" Tomoka asked.

"Yes. Like him."

She turned her head as Repo's truck appeared out of nowhere and blocked the poor gremlin Yokai in his path.

"Hey! You owe me money!" he yelled, angrily. The hook with the chain flew and hit the yokai in the face. The action forced him to let the box go and he took it in a flash. "Now we're square." He then zoomed away in his truck.

"Nooo!" Mikey yelled.

"Repo stinking Mantis!?" shouted Donnie.

"Yep. He's my brother," the mantis nodded.

"Repo is your brother?" Mikey asked, turning his head to the young mantis.

Shira shivered in disgust. "Man, even brothers can be so harsh against their little sisters."

"That's a harsh tale," Manako realized. "But we didn't tell you your name."

"I'm Mai Mai."

"Mai Mai, huh?" Tomoka raised her eyebrow. "That is quite a unique Chinese name for a mantis."