Newsworthy

"Let me start at the beginning," a voice recalled. "I first met the Turtles in a battle that raged for hours. Since the first battle, I knew- That's not me. I'm over here! I knew that at this first fantastical battle, that we would meet again and again. For I am Warren Stone, former number one news archer and the greatest foe of the teenage mutant loser turtles!"

Then from his home, a male worm named Warren Stone explains his whole story. He has pink hairless skin with yellow stylish hair and a news anchor suit. His eyes are yellow with red pupils for his eyes. He checked his watch and stood up.

"Ooh! I'm late!" the earthworm gasped. Warren turns on the TV and puts it on the News Channel.

"I am Carly Montovera filling in for the completely forgotten Warren Stone. The search for the missing hypnotist, Mezmor-Ron and his Hippopotamus Doug continues." A shot of a magician and a hippo was seen on the T.V. "In unrelated news, a monster hippo in a magician's tuxedo is terrorizing local magicians and stealing their trick animals. And with no animals, there's no magic."

"News flash!" Warren declared, flicking his yellow hair. "Those wannabe hero turtles will be hot on that mutant hippo's trail which will make setting a trap for them so easy. With their destruction coming in my hands, I won't be reporting the news, I'll be the news!"

Outside in the city, a large hippo spins around in the air, landing on a ladder. It falls off, making the hippo fall and crashing into a rooftop. The hippo looks around as he walks to the rooftop, recovering from the fall and wandering around.

Meanwhile, Rin was searching for the mutant hippo. She was at another rooftop right above the tallest buildings. She wore a cape and a hood with her mask on top of her head. 

"So, this hippo was located and hidden somewhere," Rin murmured to herself. "Mezmor-Ron is missing and so are the animals." Oria poked her little snake head out of her bag as Kurage floated beside her, squeaking. She decided to take her pet outside to get some fresh air because she is getting bored inside her cage. At least, she's got to spend some time with her owner.

"Usually, some sort of bug mutated a person," the grottan sea turtle recalled, "and a magician into a monstrous hippo."

Kurage shivered at those who floated beside the white sea turtle. Oria squeaked, saying that there was no such thing as a monstrous hippo.

"Don't worry, Kurage," she comforted him. "The mutant has got to be around here somewhere."

"Help!"

Perking her head up, Rin thought she heard someone crying for help and it's coming from the park. Someone is in trouble! She and her yokai friends began to run over there and saw a strange pink worm wearing fake glasses. He was in a magic box with holes for his head in the middle of a playground. She lifted her necklace to take a closer look.

"Does any mutant find that whole thing off, magical, and weird?" she asked them, suspiciously.

Oria and Kurage shook their heads, believing that he was just pretending to be captured. Rin wanted to take a closer look but it was best to watch him be rescued.

"A hippo magician is trying to saw my magic worm in half!" Warren yelled.

As the earthworm shouted, Rin thought she heard something. She looked over and she was freaked out when she saw the giant hippo. The hippo must have heard Warren's cries when it heard him. Then the giant hippo jumped down, leaping into a tarp carpet covered in yellow sticky tar. This causes Warren to fall out of the box and he slips back in. The hippo struggled his way out, but he's stuck.