First basketball game

Börja om från början

Now, it was the other team's attempt to shoot. Lincoln got next to an opposing member and put his arms up. The shooter on the other team threw the ball to the kid that Lincoln was near but something crazy happened. Lincoln caught it! He doesn't know how it happened. It must've been reflexes. He doesn't know exactly. 

But as he saw all of his other teammates, he decided to throw it to one of them. But then, one of the members of the other team caught the ball and took his shot. It went in. Current score: 11-8. Damn. He blames himself for that. 

He then heard the buzzer beep. First quarter was up. That means a five-minute break. Lincoln decided to see his mother and how she was doing. He went to see his mother who was sitting close to the team. He went up to her and said, "Hey, Mama!". "Oh, Lincoln! I am so proud of you! You are doing so good out there!" She said as they hugged. "Thank you, Mama. That means a lot." Lincoln said as they broke up the hug and smiled. "Go get 'em, tiger." She spoke. She then looked at the cheerleaders and saw Akari in there dancing and chanting with her squad. "Oh, and... *Points to Akari* go get 'em, tiger." She said yet again. Lincoln looked and said, "Mama" kind of embarrassed but with a smile on his face. Suziko giggled at this. "OK, Mama" Lincoln said before hugging her again. Suiko kissed his forehead, and they broke the hug. Lincoln waved at his mother before walking away. She waved back. 

Lincoln then went up to his coach and asked him in Japanese, "Aoki kōchi,-ji wa watashidesu ka, soretomo shubi ga sakidesu ka?" (Coach Aoki, am I up next or will the defense come first?). Coach Aoki looked at him and said, "Difensufāsuto" (Defense first). Lincoln nodded and sat down as he cheered on and supported his team. "Iziko Sakura No Hana!" Lincoln shouted and cheered them on. 

After 5 minutes, it was now time for Lincoln's side to get up. After, passing the ball 3 times Lincoln got into action. It was a good second quarter. Lincoln dominated. Towards the end, the score was 24-25. There was only 15 seconds on the clock. Lincoln was dribbling the ball and standing still. He was halfway from the court. He saw the hoop and decided to shoot from there. He took his shot. He and everyone else on the court watched as the ball was flying in the air. As it got to the hoop, it bounced and rolled on the hoop. Lincoln's heart dropped to where his stomach was. His mind was racing. His palms were sweating. HIs adrenaline was pumping. Then the ball dropped into the hoop. *Swish!* It made it in! Then, the buzzer rang as the second quarter was over. 

The crowd cheered as Lincoln's teammates did too. Lincoln had no reaction. He stood there frozen and wide-eyed. His teammates all went around him and cheered, "Lincoln! Lincoln! Lincoln!". Some of them hugged him and some of them noogied him. He soon came to realization and gave a slight smile. 

The coach on the other team was pissed. He did not like Lincoln. He knew his team wouldn't win with Lincoln involved so he decided to the unthinkable. "Aoto!" He called out one of his students. A boy with messy black hair came up to him. "Hai kochi?" (Yes, coach?) he asked. The coach whispered into his ear. "Sore wa fusei kōide wanaidesu ka?" (Isn't that cheating?) Aoto asked. "Īe īe! Fusei kōide wa arimasen! Sore o... chīmu no tame ni 1tsu toru to kangaete kudasai." (No, no! It's not cheating! Think of it as... taking one for the team.) The coach said with a smile. Aoto sighed and said "Wakatta." (Okay). 

After the halftime, it was now the third quarter and Lincoln's side was up first. After the passing for 3 times, Lincoln decided to the unexpected: run while dribbling. Aoto was running behind him. As Lincoln, thought he was going to make the shot. *WHAM* He felt an elbow to his face! This caused him to drop the ball, trip on it and fall on the ground on his face REALLY hard. "Lincoln!" Suziko cried out as she went out of the stands and ran to Lincoln. "Oh my God, Lincoln-San!" Akari cried as she also ran to him. Coach Aoki and some of his teammates also ran to him.  

The referee's whistle blew, and a yellow flag was thrown on the court. The coach on the other team walked to the referee and got up really close to him. The coach reached out his pocket and pulled out 19,744.43 Yen. ($150 in American money). The referee took it. The coach had a shady smile and chuckled. 

It goes back to Lincoln on the ground with Suziko, Akari, Coach Aoki, Muto and some of his other teammates. "Ow" he moaned. "Lincoln, are you ok?!" Suziko said worried for her baby boy. "Lincoln-San! Please respond!" Akari said. "Sore wa hidoi azadesu" (That's a terrible bruise). Muto said looking at Lincoln's bruise. "Kare ga nōshintō o okoshite iru to omou hito wa imasu ka?" (Anyone think he has a concussion?) Suziko asked. "Watashi wa sōde wanai koto o negatte imasuga, kare wa osoraku sō shite imasu" (I hope not, but he probably does) Akari said. "Sā, Lincoln, okite" (Come on, Lincoln, up) Muto said as he helped Lincoln up and brought him back on his feet and put his arm around his shoulder. Akari decided to do the same with his other side. "Come on Lincoln-San." Akari said as they took him back to the locker room. Suziko followed.

Meanwhile, Lincoln's teammates shot glares at the rival team, Coach Aoki shot a glare at the rival coach and Aoto had a guilty look on his face, feeling bad for what he did. 

It cuts to Lincoln in the locker room as he is now more conscious. The nurse was explaining how he had to sit out the rest of the game. "Hoka ni shitsumon wa?" (Any more questions?) The nurse asked. "Mō shitsumon wa arimasen. Arigatō." (No more questions. Thank you.) Lincoln said. The nurse left.

This was a lot for Lincoln to take in. He had a concussion and had to sit out the rest of the game. "At least it's not season ending. I still got 7 more games ahead of me." Lincoln said. "Well, you're right." Akari said. "Oh, Lincoln... I'm so sorry this happened." Suziko said crying and hugging her son. "Thank you, Mama." Lincoln said. "I wonder who did this?" Akari said. "Well, whoever it was, they will suffer my Goddamn wrath for messing with my boy!" Suziko said pissed. "Wait, Mama... no... I don't think he wanted to do it. I think it was that coach." Lincoln said. "You really think so?" Muto asked. Lincoln nodded his head. He sighed as he laid back down. He did NOT want his first game to end like this. 

To be continued...

End of chapter 22. Hope you all enjoyed! Peace!