VIII)Alone

I haven't left my room for 2 days now. If they don't need me, I'm not leaving. They have been to a few places now and I don't know what exactly they were doing there. I just didn't want to talk to them for now, so I didn't know the full story.

Whenever they went off the bounty, I would leave my room to ask Nya what were they going to there and what they needed to find there. I, of course, always asked if someone got hurt on a mission before. I only understood that they should have got a scroll, but they didn't because they ran up on Morro, so he took it from them, so they went to another place that should know what was on it... I really don't know. It doesn't matter anyway, they were fine and that's all that matters to me right now. I was only sad because Lloyd was for so long in Morro's possession. It also made me sad that I didn't talk to Zane even though he is my best friend. I did not tell him about Morro and it was eating me up.

Through missions, they learned airjitzu. Late last night, I went out just to ask Cole to show me how to do it, so I wouldn't be the only one who didn't know it. I knew Cole was up because he liked to eat cake alone when everyone had gone to sleep. He taught me it and also told me that Jay and he are now an official couple and everyone in the team knows that and they are all very supportive, but sadly, I can't say the same for our parents. They didn't react really well to that information, but they'll try their best to support him even though they don't like it. While they were on missions, I would help Nya with her training to become a water ninja, but the moment they got back I would go straight back to my room. No one came to see how or where I was and why I didn't go to the missions. I guess that Jay told them some lie or something so they wouldn't come. Whatever he told them, it was working till now.

I heard knocking on my door. I put down my book.
"It's unlocked." I expected Jay, but to my surprise, it was Cole.
"Hii." He said, coming in and closing the door.
"Oh, hi Cole." I said, sitting up from a lying position. He sat on the other bed.

"I came to talk to you." He looked a bit sad to me.
"Is Jay okay?!" I said worried.
"Yeaah don't worry, he is fine, but he doesn't know I'm here, so don't tell him." He joked.
"I'm sure you know that I don't talk with him." A smile came off his face.
"Yeah, that's why I came here. YN listen, Jay didn't mean anything bad by making you stay here. He just really cares for you and doesn't want anything bad to happen to you." He smiled slightly.
"I know that and I would stay if he asked me nicely or at least asked, but not ordering me to." I crossed my arms.
"Let's be real, would you really stay if he asked you nicely?" Cole's brow went up.

"I guess we will never find out because he didn't." I waved my hand. "Anyway, I'm not mad because of that." Cole looked a bit in shock.
"No? What is it then? From his story I thought this was the problem..." I sighed. I hate talking to people about my problems.
"No, it's because you, the one I'm not related to (yet), trusted me more than my own brother about going on that mission just because I kissed Morro. He is reacting like he hasn't done the same thing." Cole was nodding the whole time, agreeing with what I was saying. Maybe he'll understand more than my brother did.
"Yn he does thrust you, he is just scared that he might lose you. If you want to ask me, I don't know either. I am aware that you are as strong as the rest of the team, but I really don't know what's going on in his head. I promise you, he does trust you. Don't worry about that. He just, I don't know. Did you maybe see how Kai treats Nya?" I nodded. "It's exactly the same thing here. I know that Nya is actually younger than Kai and that you are just a couple of minutes younger than Jay. He still sees you like a 5-year-old child and you have to understand that he would love to chase you away from all this," with his hands he was showing the bounty, "but he also knows that that would make you really unhappy, so he won't try actually doing it." I always knew that he was treating me like little girl, but I never though about him being so scared for me. I mean I wouldn't want anything to happen to him either, but I was never scared for him because I knew he could fight for himself and if he couldn't, I would always help him.

One tear fell down my cheek. Cole saw it so he came and sat next to me and hugged me.
"Listen, you don't have to forgive your brother right now. I just wanted you to know how much you mean to him and how sad he is for you not talking to him." He stopped hugging me, "I have to go now he is probably looking for me, but listen if you ever need to talk to anyone now you have two bothers." He winked at me and left. I just sat there thinking for a while how thankful I am for my brother, both of my brothers. The clock was showing 11 pm, so I went to bed. Tomorrow is their last mission, I think so. I want to get up early to be there when they leave.

Early in the morning, around 6 am, every ninja was out on the deck in their gi, including me. Their last mission was in the ocean. They just had to jump in and dive for a little and a boom cave would be there. It sounds easy, but with Kai, who doesn't really know how to swim, it can be a little difficult. When Kai and Zane saw me they came to ask me how I was. I didn't know what lie Jay told them, so I just said much better to end the conversation. It worked. My brother saw me, he was on the other side of deck, but neither him or I wanted to talk. Cole was next to him so he just waved to me and so did I. It was time for them to go, so they jumped in one by one. They have a certain time to get out or they'll die from... water, that is...rising. I don't know, so good luck to them I guess.

When Zane jumped too, Nya and I were the only ones left.
"How much time do they have?" Nya looked at her watch.
"No later than 12, so around 5 hours."I'll wait for them until 10 and then I'm jumping in. She then walked over to the dummies. She was getting really good at controlling her powers, but, of course, she was working so hard. At first she was so annoyed by some practices that Wu gave her, but she still didn't give up. I walked to Nya so I could assist her.

Time passed very quickly. I spent the whole hour from nine to ten standing by the fence to see if they were coming out. They weren't. Thats it, 10 o'clock, I'm going in. I stood on the fence and turned around towards Nya.
"Nya, I'm going in. If we're not out by 11:30, tell Sensei Wu!" Smile was on my face. I missed going on missions. She was in shock. She was running towards me. I turned around, looking at sparkling sea.
"YN nooo you can't Jay told me..." I didn't hear the rest of the sentence.

I jumped...