One-Shot no. 66: iKnow You Belong with Me

Got the inspiration from the song 'You Belong With Me' by Taylor Swift (by the way, the song is up above in media) and a one-shot on fanfiction.net (link to the one-shot will be in the comments section). Now before I go, 2 things. First thing is that this is all in Sam's POV so I'm not gonna put Sam's POV under the long line or whatever and the second thing is the italics are the lyrics. Ok guys, enjoy!!!

__________________________________________________________________

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset

She's going off about something that you said

'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do

I'm watching Freddie from his bedroom window. I know it sound creepy but it's not. We do this all the time and have conversations by writing on pieces of paper and showing them to one another. He lives next door if you have not noticed.

Right now, I can tell he's having a very stressful and frustrating conversation with Carly Shay. His current girlfriend and my former best friend. One day she became the captain of the cheer-leading squad at Ridgeway and then became all mean and rude and said that if I continue hanging out with her, I'd loose her reputation. She then started dating Freddie the day after our fight because she knew that I am in love with Freddie and that if she dates him, it'll crush me. It did.

Back to Freddie. Apparently he said something really mean to her and now she's pissed at him. For all I know, what he said was not mean. She just doesn't get or understand his humor like I do.

I'm in my room, it's a typical Tuesday night

I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like

And she'll never know your story like I do'

While watching Freddie, I was just in my room listening to Pop Rock and to Rock. Pop Rock and Pop are two different things! Ok?! Anyway, I know that if I play Freddie this music, he'd start jamming out with me but if he plays this to Carly... she'd automatically change it to some shitty white girl music. She'll just never understand you like I do.

(A/N I'm sorry if I offended anyone with that phrase. I don't mean it though. No I am not white but that phrase reminded me of Pitch Perfect 2 which is hilarious!)

But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts

She's cheer captain, and I'm on the bleachers

Dreaming about the day when you wake up

And find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

Ever since she became cheer captain, she ditched shorts, jeans and pants and traded them for tiny ass skirts and tight, mini body-con dresses. I just stick to a simple T-shirt and pair that with some jeans and sneakers. No wonder I'm on the bleachers.

When I look at myself in the mirror and wonder if he'd ever like me for my style, I kind of doubt it in a way. I mean, sure he says I shouldn't change myself because I like a guy but, sometimes I just wonder that if one day Freddie could just wake up and find that the girl who has been at his side this whole time, is the girl for him. I'm talking about me by the way...

If you can see that I'm the one who understands you

Been here all along so why can't you see

You belong with me

You belong with me

I mean, are you blind or something Freddie?! I get that sometimes you have to wear glasses but you don't need glasses to see that I am the only one who understand you and that you belong with me.