First day of school!

Start from the beginning

"Yui! Soko ni imasu! Watashi wa anata o sagashite ita! Kore wa daredesu ka?" (Yui! There you are! I've been looking for you! Who's this?) A boy asked who looked to be 14 and slightly taller than Lincoln. He seemed to be wearing the same uniform as Lincoln and all the other boys there. He had reddish-black hair. "Kenji, kochira Lincoln. Kare wa koko no shin'nyūseidesu. Kare wa eigo o hanasu hitodesu. (Kenji, this is Lincoln. He is a new student here. He is an English speaker.)" Yui said. "Oh, konichiwa, Lincoln! I'm Kenji Nakajima. Nice to meet you." Kenji said, "We were just going to our first class. Well, not really class. It's to help non-Japanese speakers learn Japanese.". "Really? That's my first period is Japanese class." Lincoln said. "Really? Looks like we're all in the same class?" Yui said surprised. "Wow! Who knows? Maybe you guys could become my friends this way." Lincoln said as he shrugged. Kenji and Yui smiled at this. "So, where is the classroom?" Lincoln asked. "Follow us" Yui said as they walked. 

FIRST CLASS- TEACHING JAPANESE TO ENGLISH SPEAKERS

It cuts to Lincoln, Yui, and Kenji walking into a classroom together. "Konichiwa, students" The teacher said.

"Konichiwa, Miss Watanabe" Kenji and Yui said

"Konichiwa, Miss Watanabe" Kenji and Yui said. "You must be Lincoln. I'm Miss Watanabe and I've heard everything about you. I think you will be great here." She spoke. Lincoln smiled. "Thank you, Miss Watanabe." He spoke. "You're welcome. Now go sit down because class is about to start" Watanabe said. Lincoln understood and sat down. Kenji and Yui did the same as they sat beside Lincoln. As they sat down, the final bell rang. That means class is in session now. "Konichiwa, students. I hope you all had a wonderful break, but now, it's over and school is back. We have a new student, and his name is Lincoln." Watanabe said as she pointed her stick to Lincoln. They all looked at Lincoln and all the sudden, Lincoln got nervous. "Uhm, hi. I'm... Lincoln. Lincoln Nowak. I'm new here." Lincoln said. "Hi" Some students said while others just waved. "Good. Now first before we go on to our next lesson, we shall do a review of the basics just to make sure that we know it good." Watanabe said as she handed out paper copies of greetings in English where they would have to translate them in Japanese. 

As Lincoln got his copy, he was nervous. He didn't know any of this. Just then, he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Hey, dude, you need help. And we're going to help you." Kenji said as Lincoln smiled and said, "Thanks, guys". "You're very welcome" Yui said. "Alright, let's begin." Lincoln said.

It cuts to 30 minutes later when Lincoln is finished. "Wow, Lincoln! You're a fast learner!" Yui said. "Am I? Well, when I took German, I was told that I learned fast." Lincoln said. "Well, they were right. When we asked you what they were and meant, you were 100% right! I'm impressed!" Kenji said. "Thanks, guys. Really." Lincoln said. "Hey, you always got to have someone behind your back, bestie." Yui said. "Bestie?" Lincoln asked. "Yeah, we're your besties, right?" Yui asked. "Yeah! Of course! It's just that I HAD a best friend in the town I grew up in America... until he turned on me like everyone else... his name was Clyde." Lincoln said. "He doesn't sound like a best friend." Kenji said. "I THOUGHT he was... but he was just full of shit." Lincoln said. Yui and Kenji couldn't help but feel bad for him. "I always thought there was something fishy about Clyde. Now, you guys, you guys are honest, nice, truthful and actually caring. You both care for one when they're down. Clyde wasn't like that. You guys are true best friends to me." Lincoln said. This warmed Yui and Kenji's hearts. "Thank you, Lincoln. Sorry to hear about that fake friend of yours" Yui said. "Thanks, guys" Lincoln said as Kenji and Yui both hugged Lincoln.