Chapter 8: Starvation

Cw(s):
-Gore
-Hallucinations

He woke up in the middle of the night in complete darkness to the sounds of screaming, not inside of the room but outside, they were muffled screams. For some reason, no one else has waken up. He stood up and looked down, he still has the pocket knife, he has never needed to actually use the it and the shadow who has gifted him it did not explain at all but now he was starting to understand. He was hungry.

He opens the pocket knife, the sharp tip, and places it on one of his hands, he held it there for a moment. Biting his lips to avoid screaming, he starts cutting through his skin, watching the blood dripping down slowly from the wound, it was very painful and he almost stopped at one point but he was desperate for it, so he endured the pain and kept going.

Once he done the major damage to his arm, he gently licked the blood while trying to avoid making it even worse than it already is, it tasted somehow good, the cut has escalated into a giant piece of skin removed from his arm, he licked off the last drops of blood and laid back down on the floor, he was able to fall asleep again after that.

..............................................
• • • • •

His sleep was abruptly interrupted as he heard someone screaming at him, they were shaking him to wake him up. His vision was blurred a bit but finally came into focus, it was Paintbrush, it was surprising for them to actual see them worrying about..anything at all, it's nice to see them worry like this, at least they can show other emotions other than happiness that almost no one has at this point, only them.

Paintbrush: Hey Mister! What happened to your arm?!

Blocky: I-huh..?

He looks down at his arm, it felt incredibly painful. Oh yeah, that thing, how did he forget that? It felt like it was just a few minutes ago, it most likely was. The alarm hasn't even set off yet, he noticed that Amelia's body was gone, weird. Must have been the staff taking her out in the middle of the night, maybe it's for a health check, since she was unconscious for a while.

Paintbrush was hovering over him, the lights have yet to dim. It was hard to see them but he didn't care, at least some of his hunger was gone, but not all. He was starting to crave more for food, they haven't eaten yet. It was driving him crazy, he started seeing things, most of them were just shadows, others were more serious. He thought he saw someone dangling down from rope, it was tied to it's 'neck', blood was pouring out of its chest, despite their organs were not visible, he could still imagine it coming out of it's stomach, the object looked like it committed suicide, they were transparent and had some red and blue which is presumably it's cap and a label.

Another one was another object, their face was torn off, leaving only their mouth, their blood already dried up since they must've been left out for too long, someone tore their face off but who? Their body was fully green.

The last one were pieces of flesh all over the floor, their body were stitched together by a thread of string, they also had small black wings that looked like they were the wings of the devil except more smaller, half of their body was blueish gray while the other side was the color of rusted copper. Blood was stained on them.

Blocky was horrified by every sighting, yet he said nothing about it to Paintbrush. He reassured that he was fine but Paintbrush didn't believe anyways, they sat beside him to take care of him, while he kept seeing different deaths taking place. One had a pile of maggots scattered all over on them, another was dismembered into smaller pieces, while another had a knife that was stabbed into their eye, one even showed an object that was even there in the room, he never saw it before, it seemed to be a Μαύρο και άσπρο, but separated from each other for some reason. It was the worst things Blocky ever saw, another terrible day in the pile.