-59-

I know what he is doing, when I look around Larson is talking to his dad, Mr Kim is being introduced to the set of directors and Lexi is there. Technically he's here beside me because no one is around. 

My temper is frail and I don't know, I shut my eyes close for a moment knowing full well he is examining me and desperately waiting for me to take the compliment. When I open my eyes again, Jimin is regarding me closely, a dark prince. 

It must be the dinner jacket and bow tie, but he looks younger and more sophisticated, a devastatingly handsome roué with licentious intent. He simply takes my breath away. But no, I recall the words Mr Kim told me this evening and square my shoulders. 

"I know, of course, I am" I shrug arrogantly and he looks at me in a surprised wide-eyed expression like he didn't expect, well that's what you will get from me now on. For once my stomach feels fed and fueled for messing with him.

I leave the place with another arrogant strut giving him no look, I smile politely to Larson and greet his dad who is working as HR for us, "Good evening Mr Thomas, hope you are doing fine" I greet him politely, "Oh! great to see you, Miss Harper, good evening, you look stunning yourself"

"You look gorgeous Mr Thomas" I compliment him back, his dad is such a sweetheart. Larson rolls his eyes at us, "we will head towards the tables now" he announces and hugs his dad before guiding me to the table where Mr Kim and Ash are already seated with some others they are the directors and a few important investors.

"Lily! come here" it's Lexi, I groan inwardly seeing Jimin's eyes never leave me, Larson pulls a chair for me and I take a seat behind Jimin, he is sitting between me and Lexi, and I am seated between Jimin and Larson. What day must I call this?

Lexi is gossipy and I flash her assuring smile not really interested in indulging in a conversation now, besides I would be left out any way I am the last person Jimin would want to see. He seems to be quite comfortable with her, well if he really meant he doesn't like dating or going in on relationships why does it feel like he is okay with Lexi in a way I think they would in a relationship?

It haunts me, Lexi is of the same mindset, and neither does she like to date, she is a bold, plus-size woman and a goddess who would fall for her immediately, and I can't stop but suspect them both brewing a relationship which is utterly not my thing like friends with benefits or something that which put me through grave pain in my heart. Lexi had flings, some long time and some for a very short period of time.

I shrug it. Abruptly there's the hiss of a microphone, and MC's voice booms over the PA system, causing the babble of voices to die down.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to our Welcome Ball. I hope that you enjoy what we have laid out for you tonight and that you'll support the fantastic connection between our South Korea-based company well-known for its highest sales and products with a tinge of technology Kim Groups, we warmly welcome the company and the head Mr Kim Taehyung who was polite to join us and help the cause to raise the company to stand on their own and the COO Mr Park Jimin. As you know, it's a cause that is very close to us, I hope we succeed and attain great success, I'll hand you over now to our Guests. Please be seated, and enjoy"

Polite applause follows; then the babble in the hall starts again. Very gracefully the thin slender woman from Kim occupies the black mic podium, she is simply dressed in a pale pink chiffon angle-length gown.

"Good afternoon everybody present here, This is Kim Hye Jeong representing on behalf of Kim's Group for the Welcome Ball, we appreciate your time for hosting this beautiful event and welcoming us warmly, we are looking forward to this year's last annual project to end with you in a great success, as this is an overseas project we from Kim's group declare this as open, further Sharks and co and Kim's will meet the requirements in a period of months discussed and make a truly good combination and wonderful product for sales. Once again, Thank You. May I now call upon Ashley Morgan the head of Sharks and co to commemorate the crowd"