-9-

-Y/N- 

JW Marriott Hotel I read the name on the cutlery, it reminds me of Taehyung's office Kim's Group which has its own customized cutlery. 

We are both seated opposite each other, I contain how happy I am to spend my lunch here with him. He sips on plain water while fixing a reply to someone he notices my gaze at him and puts his phone away "Sorry about that, it was urgent" he mumbles I shrug at him "It's okay" my voice sounds embarrassed I curse at myself before staring at my knotted fingers. 

The music in the background is tenuous and soft. Soon the waiter is here handing us the menu I go through it randomly. To my accord, this place is known for its steak and wine, and I am not good at picking anything I might as well eat what Taehyung eats. 

"What do you want to eat? steak, Sanjeok is famous here" he speaks and I lean forward narrowing my eyes at the steak. Moments later I give up and abandon the menu aside "What happened?" he frowns. 

I shake my head, "You pick" I tell and he has a smug on his face "Are you sure?" he asks eyeing the menu with his lips quirking upwards slightly. I scowl in his direction, what a tease! "Yes!" I snap and he hums summoning the waiter. 

"Good afternoon, what can I help you with?" 

"We'll go with two servings of rib-eye steak medium cooked alongside your best vegetables sauteed" Taehyung waits for the waiter to write it down, "Anything else I can get you, Sir?" 

"The wine list please" he requests and turns to me, I know nothing about wine! I look away "I'll get that for you Sir" With that, the waiter scuffles off leaving us alone. 

I smile at Taehyung's reflection on the cutlery holder, what is this? Are we here on a date? I flush at the thought. Maybe we are. 

We haven't been on a honeymoon after marriage nor on a date this feels like it.

The waiter hands Taehyung the wine list he asked for, I scan him while he reads the list his eyes jumping from one to another. He looks fine under the dim light, he bucks his head up to the waiter "Two glasses of Frascati, that'll do" He dismisses the waiter and it's him and me again. 

He stares at me with smouldering jet-black eyes inconsiderately making me shift in place "Is there a place you want to go?" he asks and I contemplate for a moment if he was going to take me there but I have no idea of places, I haven't left mainland Korea since I was born the only places I went were Seoul, Incheon, Jeju, Daejeon and Busan and that is comparatively nothing to where Taehyung had gone but half of which Incheon where Taehyung's grandma lives and Daejeon where my parents live, Busan was a school trip, and Jeju was when Seokjinssi and Daisy got married "I don't know anywhere..." I answer embarrassedly. 

His eyes bewilder at me for a moment he is quick to fix that reaction and eye me steadily "You have gone nowhere other than your house?" he asks with a stupefied tone. I shake my head "No I did, but it was only to my relative's houses we never went on vacation before" I answer. 

"Is that all??" he cannot keep the surprise out of his voice and I think I must call it disappointment, I lack in every topic he is good at. "yes" I reply, he sighs "Well, fine, is there any place you've been curious to visit?" he asks rubbing his chin with a knit of his eyebrows and a 'v' forming on the bridge of his nose. He sounds peculiar about knowing what's on my mind. It will be a lie if I said I didn't enjoy his efforts in initiating a conversation.

There has always been Daegu which Taehyung's halmoni mentioned about in most of our conversations and she still does, where he was born and bought up is where I've always wanted to visit. For eight years numerous times, I've always wanted to see the city he grew up.