Chapter 73 - Back to reality

Start from the beginning

- So, can you tell me why you're out of sorts and what Hitch had to tell me?

- There was an explosion yesterday. They blew up the power plant downstairs.

Y/N choke, hearing his words. It was more serious than she imagined.

- How? When? And who?

- In the morning, but the news reached us in the afternoon. They carried out the evacuation of workers, tried to eliminate the consequences, and... in general, we lost about three months of work. You will have to completely redo the main unit. When the news came, I sent for you and went to the Underground. But you didn't come. I spent nearly twelve hours there organizing the investigation and follow-up. Today the head of the engineering team from Hizuru will come, we will discuss what to do. I hope you join us today.

- Dont escalate, I already realized myself that I made a mistake by skipping work.

- Why didn't Hitch tell you? As far as I remember, even when you work from home, she brings you messages, everything is close there.

- I wasnt at home yesterday, but... you know, this morning I didnt find any messages and letters, nothing at all. Therefore, there will be a conversation, as I understand it.

- Then its clear. Did he not feed you at all?

-... Who?

- Don't think I don't understand. I know you, Y/N. When you said you weren't home and now youre... eating like... a lot... it's hard not to put two and two together.

- Now I'm embarrassed.

- Because I know or...

- We havent told anyone that we're... together, I dont know when...

- Look, don't say anything. Youre happy and well. I hope he doesn't offend you.

- Levi...

- I'm your friend, Y/N. I don't want to see your misfortune anymore, you've suffered too long because of it.

- We're fine, okay? But thanks for your concern, I really appreciate that we've remained friends despite our past.

- Like I said, it wasn't a problem for me.

His face changed dramatically for just a moment.

- Levi?

- Everything is fine.

- Does your knee hurt again?

- Yesterday I spent too much time on my feet, and this is the result.

- What time should the engineer arrive?

- Promised by ten.

- Then Ill give you an injection and put a bandage on your knee, its not good to endure pain.

- Y/N, you don't have to.

- I'm your friend, and also... I'm your doctor, and I will do what I think is necessary, and you just silently accept my care, okay?

He didn't answer her, but his eyes softened.

- Well, that's good. I'll go get a bandage and a syringe, I'll be quick.

A couple of minutes later, Y/N returned with her little doctor's case. In it, she usually carried everything she needed. Putting on gloves, she began to draw up an injection with an anesthetic, which she had developed during the year when she helped Levi with rehabilitation, into a syringe. She was an amazing engineer, but at the same time she remained a talented scientist and doctor.