Prologue

Darkness... The entire forest was dark with pink oozing tentacles stretching above the treetops. The apocalyptic future that had once been New York is nothing but an empty lifeless void with dark swirling creatures roaming the ground and passing through each statue of a person with their head bowed and hands cupped. There weren't any buildings, which had collapsed in ruin, grass was never grown, and there are no animals that roam freely in the forests of Upstate New York. Even so, the ocean has also dried up completely, leaving only a long, vast desert of sand, dead coral, and bodies of skeletons that were once sea creatures. All that was left was decayed corpses and skeletons scattered and covered with strange pink, slimy growth.

The fog filled up the silent red sky as the sounds of footsteps drew near. A stranger ran through the strange growth, panting heavily as he looked around. Alongside the left was his partner, a young female songstress fairy with a white body, black dress and long green hair. She looked around with her blue eyes, making sure that someone was not following them. She sighed and continued on running with her partner.

The stranger lifted up his communicator and answered. "Base! Come in!" There was no response. He looked around until he fell into a pit. His partner gasped and flew beside her friend. He was okay, only for a few scratches. She felt something watching and an eye opened up from the tentacles and she helped her human friend up. They continued running as the unseen force continued chasing them.

"Base, we've been compromised!" he called from his communicator. The songstress turned to see a pack of monstrous dogs chasing them. The stranger used a grappling hook and got them to the other side of the cliff. The stranger and the songstress got back up to their feet as the creatures howled in the night. He turned to see a red light glaring at them in the far distance, following their every move. It had been chasing them for quite a long time, believing that they are the victims who will be consumed by the darkness. They need to continue on. The stranger grabbed his handmade hockey stick chainsaw and they began to run from the source and to the base.

From the ruined states of New York, underneath the Statue of Liberty, people from the resistance worked hard and true as creatures big and small work alongside. Only at least 40 percent of all the human population had been consumed or died and now they have retreated underground to be safe, now working hard to make weapons, find food, and survive the apocalypse. A green muscular mutant with a metal right arm and blue scarf walked to the crowd with his wife, a gray blue haired mutant with only one eye. They both begin to head to a table where other mutants are waiting for them.

"Everyone, quiet!" the blue mutant ordered them. Everyone had stopped. "Do I need to remind you this is our last hope to win this war? I know you've been working hard and you're tired and I know I promise you a song Shirahara did, but the reality is, we're trying to save the world." He paused. "You know what? Okay. I'll do one song."

"MASTER LEONARDO!"

Leonardo stopped when he heard a shout from the entrance, a sound of urgent horror and dismay. Shirahara turned to see her apprentice running into the base, panting heavily. He pushed through the crowd out of breath as his partner flew beside him, looking worried. He took off his hockey mask to reveal himself as a young man.

"Casey," she whispered softly.

"They're coming!" he shouted.

Leonardo knew what he and Shirahara had to do. He ordered his soldiers to sound the alarm fast. The metal doors began to close for lockdown as everyone panicked. "Code black! I need soldiers at every entrance!" He turned his team. "My team, gear up."

"Leo!" a woman demanded. "We should leave and find somewhere else."

"They're not gonna let us leave," Shira said softly. "We do this and we die. We need Mikey and Manako."