Heartstopper

On a lovely spring day, Son Chaeyoung runs around the track, leading the entire class with her speed.

"Wooh! Let's go, Chaeyoung!" Coach Park cheers her, while a bunch of students watch them as well.

Myoui Mina, the captain of the rugby team, stared at Chaeyoung running, an unfamiliar tune coming up in her heartbeat.

"Oi, Mina! Let's go do some drills!"

"Y-Yeah! Just a minute..." Mina exclaimed, curious to why she had grown fond of the running girl. She later knew that she had the same class as her, Math 11.

After running, Chaeyoung sits on the grass field, catching her breath. Tzuyu and Dahyun follows her, but spots an unfamiliar person jogging up to their direction.

A panting Mina greets them, bowing before Chaeyoung.

"Uhm, can we help you?"

"Hello, I'm Myoui Mina. We're looking for someone to fill in, and I saw you running and I thought you'd be a great addition to the team." Mina said while staring into Chaeyoung's eyes.

"M-Me?"

"Yes. You're Chaeyoung, right? From Math?" Mina smiles a bit, finally remembering her seatmates name.

"Yeah." Chaeyoung was blushing. It's Mina, after all. Her crush since middle school, sitting in front of her.

"So, Chaeyoungie. No pressure, alright? You want to go to Mr. Kim's class, together?" Mina stands up, holding her hand out for Chaeyoung to grab.

Chaeyoung looks at her companions, Dahyun gesturing her to leave while Tzuyu was death-staring at Mina, not wanting to trust those wretched rugby players.

"Okay."

"Chaeyoungie, I'd love if you'd join us. It'll be fun playing together." Mina shows her gummy smile, making Chaeyoung blush again.

"I'll think about it. I have band practice so I don't know if I can attend rugby."

"You play?"

"Y-Yeah. Drums." Chaeyoung pulls out a pair of drumsticks, handing it to Mina.

"Woah! You're so cool!" Mina holds onto it, making Chaeyoung smile a bit. After greeting Mr. Kim, they sit next each to other in class.

"Do you have any other cool things about you?"

"I don't know." Mina spots a sketchbook underneath Chaeyoung's math book, flipping the pages to see countless of beautiful artworks and sketches, while Chaeyoung hid her face in embarrassment.

"You're so cool, Chaeyoungie!" Mina spots their assignment, comparing her answers to Chaeyoung's.

"And you're even better in Math than me! I've found my tutor!"

"Mina, keep it down." Mina looks in front, Mr. Kim looking at the two of them angrily.

"Hehe, sorry. Just really excited."

They walk together out of Mr. Kim's classroom, a few of Mina's teammates spotting them from afar.

"Hey Mina! What are you doing hanging out with that dyke?" Somi shouts, running up to them. She pushes Chaeyoung to a wall, spouting offensive slurs.

"Why are you hanging out with our captain, lesbo?" Somi traps Chaeyoung, the younger already wanting to leave.

"Stop it, Somi."

"Somi, that's enough." Mina speaks in a low voice, Somi letting go of Chaeyoung's collar.

"Come on, Mina. She knows I'm joking." Mina looks at Chaeyoung, who was on the verge of crying.