Gifts

"Chaeng! I bought you these!"

Mina happily exclaimed while showing Chaeyoung her gift. It was a green hoodie, with a strawberry embroidered on its left side. It was expensive, but Mina didn't mind. Mina's rich. She loved buying Chaeyoung gifts, no matter what the price is.

But Chaeyoung feels guilty everytime she gets gifts from Mina. She thinks that everytime that Mina would give her something, she has to give something in return. Otherwise, it would make her overthink the whole day.

"Thank you baby. You shouldn't have. I have nothing to give you." Chaeyoung said with a sad expression shown in her face. Mina noticed, so she showed her award-winning gummy smile and kissed her.

"You're so cute ChaengChaeng. I don't need gifts, I just need you." Mina said lovingly. Chaeyoung smiled, but still felt a hint of guilt in her heart. She decided to make a game for them.

"Mina, how about we buy each other gifts and give it tomorrow?"

"Yeah! I'd love that! I can give anything?"

"Of course."

Chaeyoung and Mina separated to think of their gifts. Chaeyoung immediately wrote Mina a letter, drew her and Mina together, and bought them a penguin and tiger couple ring. She decided to make a care package, which also includes Mina's favorite things, like chocolates, coffee, penguins, games, and legos. Chaeyoung wrapped it in a mint-colored gift wrapper, and hid it underneath their bed.

Mina, on the other hand, went all out. She bought Chaeyoung the lastest devices, art supplies, an electric guitar that Chaeyoung wanted to have for a long time, a strawberry pillow, penguin and tiger plushies, and different clothes. She also made Chaeyoung a world in Minecraft, a game that Mina plays all the time. She built their house, and a giant penguin and tiger 2d pixel art, which they can see from afar.

It was the next day and the two were really excited with their gifts. Chaeyoung felt proud of her gift, and Mina felt the same.

"Minari! Are you ready?"

"Yep! No peeking!"

"1... 2... 3... Go!"

The two extended their arms out, holding the gifts, and opened their eyes. Chaeyoung was shocked from the number of paper bags that Mina is holding, while she is only holding a gift-wrapped box.

"I got you the latest devices, that guitar you've always wanted to have, plushies, clothes, aaaaand a strawberry pillow!" Mina said cutely while showing her gifts one-by-one. As Chaeyoung was opening the bags, Mina checked her gift from Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung felt insecure. She thought that her gift was nothing compared to Mina's. She felt sad and guilty. She was about to cry but stopped when Mina said,

"Hiyaaaah! You drew us together!! I will frame this! You even made me a letter! You're so cute babyyyy, you remembered everything that i like! Wear your penguin ring! I'll wear the tiger one!"

Mina was overwhelmed with joy. She felt so loved from Chaeyoung's gift to her. She was about to hug Chaeyoung when she realized that she was crying.

"Chaeng? What happened? Don't you like my gifts? I'm sorry!"

Mina said while trying to calm Chaeyoung down. She hugged Chaeyoung and wrapped her tightly in her arms.

"My gift is nothing to compared to yours. Yours is amazing, mine is stupid. I'm sorry, Mina." Chaeyoung said while looking at Mina with tears in her eyes.

Mina immediately denied, "What are you talking about? I love your gift! Is it because mine's expensive?" Mina asked while holding Chaeyoung's sad face.

Chaeyoung nodded slowly and looked down. Mina held her face to make Chaeyoung look at her. She stared at her lovingly while wiping Chaeyoung's tears.