🏐

Chaeyoung's POV

Oof! One of the volleyballs hit my face after one of my lieges fail to serve.

How the hell am I the team captain AND the libero at the same time?! I'm getting sick and tired of teaching our newbies! I grab my cold water bottle to ease the pain when my eyes gaze upon the new girl, Myoui Mina. She's tall, but boy is she dumb at volleyball. I watch her do drill practices, I still find her a little funny even though she has improved a lot.

"Chaeyoung! Look at this!" She calls out, hitting a jump serve.

"Well done, Mina!" I scream, putting my bottle down to clap for her. It doesn't hurt to be nice, plus she's really, and I mean, REALLY pretty.

Mina's POV

Chaeyoung cheered for me! AASLKDJAPSOJPA

I plan to do another one to impress her, but I fail miserably as I slip and twist my ankle. I wince from the pain, clutching my foot. I hear footsteps squeaking towards me, and I see Chaeyoung with an ice pack, pressing it against me.

"Are you okay, Mina?"

"I twisted my ankle." I pout, I see a little smile curving up in her face. My heart raced when she carried me away from the court, running to the clinic.

"You don't have to impress me, Mina. I'm already very proud of you." She says while massaging my ankle.

"I-I wasn't." She giggles, handing me her water bottle. She gestures me to drink, but I hesitate because technically, we'd share an indirect kiss.

"Go ahead, Mina. You can give it back tomorrow. Where do you live?"

"Near Sakura Park, why?" I ask, tasting Chaeyoung's drink.

"Eh? I live near Sakura Park too. That's perfect! I can take you home because someone twisted their ankle." She jokes, I slap her arm while laughing.

After a while, I ended up laughing around Chaeyoung, who kept making me laugh while helping me walk. She was shocked to find out that we were neighbors, as I pointed out my house, which was right next to hers.

"Well, see you around neighbor!" She shouts, going inside her house. I give her a smile, before heading into mine. I see my mom cooking my favorite, I run up to her, telling her about my day.

"Ooh! Mina! Welcome home! How was your day!" She asks while flipping the wok, bits of rice flying in the air.

"I twisted my ankle, but Chaeyoung helped me in treating it."

"Ooh~ Chaeyoung~ Are you guys getting married tomorrow?" She teases, I groan as I freshen up. I greet my dad, who was busy writing in his desk.

"Hi Dad!" I wave, he gives me a hug before giving me a box.

"Mina! Can you give this to our neighbor, Chaeyoung?"

"Sure! Like right now?"

"After supper, I borrowed those from her. It's best if we give some of our dinner to her."

"Okay dad! I'll be back." I say, peeking at the insides of the box.

"Oh and Mina?" I turn around, seeing my dad smile cheekily.

"Correction. Can you give that to your wife, Chaeyoung?" My face heats up, I run away from him while he laughs away. "I hate you guys!" I shout before running to the bathroom, taking a shower. I check the box, finding a baby picture of Chaeyoung taped to the inside of the lid. I took a picture, making it my wallpaper.

After dinner, I find myself ringing Chaeyoung's doorbell, clutching the box and a container filled with fried rice. I hear her saying, "I got it!" to her mom, who was very nice.