Valentine's 🌟

Italicized = Flashback

Mina's POV

"You're so dumb." I see her running towards me, a small red paper bag in her hand.

"Oh, come on honey! I swear I didn't lash out this year."

I give her a displeased look, only to replace it with my gummy smile. I unwrap the gift, it was... a bobblehead of her.

"A bobblehead?" She smiles widely, pointing at her tiny self.

"Yeah! So whenever I get hardheaded, you can just hit me anytime you want." I hold the tiny figurine, it really looks like her.

"...Did you make yourself a bit taller?" She sticks her tongue out, grabbing the last bit of fries on my table.

"They could let me do anything I wanted. Happy Valentine's Day, my love."

Son Chaeyoung, short, a fan of strawberries, a world-renowned artist, the most stubborn person you could ever meet...

was the love of my life.

I could give a thousand more words on how to describe her, seeing as I'm Son-Myoui Mina, or anonymously known as Sharon M., the writer of the famous book, PNGN.

Sometimes I sit by myself and regret publishing my shitty-ass books, but she made me realize all the good things it came with.

Son Chaeyoung, THE Chaengcasso, was a big fan of my books.

I shed a tear every time I mention her to my family. The fact that I have to use the linking verb, was, whenever she's the topic of any conversation I get myself into, just really hits deep inside.

"I saw her picture in your office, Mina. Lucky you." I let out a sad smile, staring at said picture of my late wife carrying me in front of our house.

"Yeah. She was really nice to look at, wasn't she?"

Son Chaeyoung, the artist behind the gigantic painting of our wedding in Japan that was sitting in our bedroom, her last gift to me. I stare at it sometimes whenever I miss her, which is constantly. Every brushstroke tells a story, a core memory that happened between us before.

"Sounds like someone loves their present." I smile at her, leaning on the garage door, watching her polish her new motorcycle.

"I love it! Thank you so much, baby." I shake my head at her, sneakily going behind her and pulling her into the ground.

"I still don't see why you like this."

"It's just fun seeing us together, riding off into the sunset down in Chuncheon."

"The sun sets in the west, Chuncheon is in the east. Get your dreams straight, Einstein." I knock her head, giving her tiny kisses on the cheek.

Barry, her motorcycle, still sitting in our garage. I always clean him, dusting him off perfectly, but I still haven't found the desire to use him.

It was not only the fact that Chaeyoung's been my driver for forever, but I actually wanted to feel her once again, living the dream she once told me.

I would give anything just to see her bust open our door, a $10 stuffed penguin in her hand, and a stupid smile in her face.

"That would be $25, Miss." I give a 50 dollar bill to the cashier, telling her to keep the change. I brought home our favorite food, listening to one of her voice recordings of her singing my favorite song. I've always thought that Valentine's was a stupid holiday.