Crochet

"Mina's moving in with us. I'm sorry, Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung scoffs and goes to her room.

"A stepsister?? Why is she our responsibility now?"

"Technically, she isn't your stepsister. I'm just her guardian. She just has to have our last name."

Chaeyoung goes to the roof of their apartment, along with her sketchpad and snacks, trying to relax from the sudden intrusion.

----------

"Hi Mrs. Son"

"Mina, you can call me Mama. You're one of us now. Chaeyoung! Help us carry!"

Chaeyoung comes down angrily, grabs all of Mina's bags and puts them in her room. Chaeyoung's mom chuckles awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, Mina. You're going to have to share a room with Chaeyoung. Don't be scared of her, she's just like that."

Mina was staring at Chaeyoung. She couldn't believe her eyes. It was her childhood friend from their old playground. Chaeyoung was even wearing the bracelet Mina made her, complete with a tiger and penguin charm.

Mina approaches Chaeyoung, who was busy watching on her phone.

"H-hi Chaeyoung. I'm Mina." Mina smiles while extending her hand out. Chaeyoung rolls her eyes and shakes Mina's hand.

"Chaeyoung. We're gonna have some rules here in our room."

Mina sits on Chaeyoung's bed, listens to her closely.

"1. Do not touch my sketchpad., 2. If you want something, ask me first., 3. Do not eat my strawberries, and 4. You can't touch my bracelet. Got it?"

Mina nods, thinking of not telling Chaeyoung that she's her childhood friend. She thinks of teasing her, as she has her own matching bracelet hidden beneath her jacket sleeve.

"Why can't I touch your bracelet?"

"Because it's a gift."

"Even if it's from me?"

Chaeyoung looks up from her phone, confused from Mina's question.

"What?"

Mina rolls her sleeve up, showing Chaeyoung the same bracelet. Mina shows her gummy smile, a trademark that Chaeyoung has never forgotten since they were kids.

"Hi Chaengie. I'm back-" Before Mina could finish her introduction, Chaeyoung tackled her, hugging her tightly while crying.

"MINAAAA" Chaeyoung cries out. Their mom barged in their room, seeing Chaeyoung on top of Mina.

"What?! What happened Chaeng?!" Their mom approaching the crying Chaeyoung and giggling Mina.

"UMMAAA IT'S MINAAA"

"Yes! That is Mina! What's wrong?"

Chaeyoung showed her mom both their bracelets, insisting that their Mina is Chaeyoung's Mina.

"IT'S. MINA."

"Waaah, Mama help me~" Mina teasily cries out for help.

"OOOH! That's good then! You guys enjoy. I'll go to the supermarket for a while, enough time for you two to catch up." Mrs. Son leaves, Chaeyoung still crying on top of Mina.

"Chaeyoung, you haven't changed a bit." Mina rubs Chaeyoung's back, carrying her to their bed.

"Shut up. I missed you so much." Chaeyoung hugs Mina tightly.

"I missed you too."

They stay silent, reminscing their old times.

Flashback