Eyes

TW: ED/SH

Chaeyoung sees Mina staring at women again. It was the usual. It could be a random girl passing by, their friends, or a model she sees on social media. This makes Chaeyoung insecure about her body image, and tries everything to look better for Mina.

There was nothing wrong with Chaeyoung to begin with. In fact, she is seen as one of the most beautiful girls in their company.

Chaeyoung punishes herself everyday, trying to get rid of the thoughts of Mina wanting someone better than her. She vomits everything, leaving nothing behind.

Upon wiping her mouth, she notices a tiny shiny object on the top of the medicine cabinet. It was a razor, one of Chaeyoung's best friend.

She slices herself on her toned stomach. Saying hello to old scars healing on her. Blood splatters as she makes contact, an eerie smile creeps out of her teeth. She accidentally hit a big vein, causing her to feel sleepy.

Once again, Chaeyoung sleeps in her bathtub, hoping to see the afterlife.

-----------

"Where's Chaeyoung?" Mina wonders as she waits for Chaeyoung to come to their bedroom. She hears the faucet running a little too long.

"Chaeyoung?" She knocks furiously. Chaeyoung wasn't replying.

Mina breaks the door down, seeing Chaeyoung in the bathtub, almost bleeding to death.

"CHAEYOUNG!" Mina rushed to her, dialing 911. She applies pressure to Chaeyoung's blood splattering all over the bathroom, and waits for the paramedics to arrive.

---------

"It looks like she had sliced her hepatic portal vein, resulting to lots and lots of blood loss, Ms. Myoui."

"She's also anorexic, which is why she got to hit the vein immediately. Her torso almost looks like a skeleton model now."

Mina's mind began going numb. She couldn't believe everything that's happening. She phoned the one person that Chaeyoung could trust, Jihyo.

"Hello? Mina?"

"J-Jihyo. Did you know Chae is anorexic?" Mina says as tears began falling down rapidly.

Jihyo stayed silent for a moment. "I'm sorry, Mina."

"How could you not tell me?"

"Because..." Jihyo let out a huge sigh.

"It's because of you, Mina."

Mina drops her phone unintentionally, shocked from Jihyo's news.

Me? What did I do?

She hurriedly picked up her phone, hoping Jihyo was still on the line.

"Jihyo?"

"I'm still here Mina."

"C-Could you tell me why?"

"Your eyes, Mina." Jihyo ended the call, leaving Mina a cryptic message.

Mina was dumbfounded. My eyes? What's wrong with my eyes?

Momo and Sana entered Chaeyoung's hospital room, seeing Mina looking confused, staring at the corner of the wall.

"Mitang. We need to talk."

They surrounded Mina, giving her a pillow to hug before letting out the big news.

"What did Jihyo tell you?"

"M-my eyes."

Momo and Sana stare at each other, hesitating to tell Mina.

"Mina, Chaeyoung started starving herself when she first caught you looking at girls."