New Student

Chaeyoung's POV

"Alright, Chaeyoung. Starting now, you will be part of the Taekwondo club." Mrs. Yoo, the chairwoman of YJY Academy. She offered to be my legal guardian, after my parents tragically died in a plane crash, along with the chairwoman's daughter.

"Thank you..." I trail off, unsure to what I'm supposed to call her.

Mrs. Yoo? Grandma? What do I say?!

"Mama. Just call me Mama." She says, giving me a small smile. I nod, one of her helpers popping out of nowhere.

"I'll show you to your room, Chaeyoung-ssi." She seems to be Mrs. Yoo's assistant, no older than 30. She doesn't look like a typical Korean woman with her physical features, but she's pretty for her age.

"I'm Park Jihyo, Mrs. Yoo's assistant. Feel free to call me anytime." We shake hands as I enter my bedroom.

Queen-sized bed, a computer next to my study desk, a gigantic closet already filled with clothes which fit to my style, and a bedside table, with a note on top.

Dear Chaeyoung,

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you enjoy your stay here with me. I promise to be a sufficient guardian for you. Please do not think that you're merely a replacement for my child.

We've both lost people that were really special to us, the logical thing to do is to stick together.

May we have a blessed time ahead, and I hope you enjoy living with me and Jihyo.

P.S, your school uniform is in your closet, I had it altered to your measurements. Feel free to use the pants version if you find the skirt uncomfortable. It's alright with me.

Love,
Mama

Tears were falling to the letter, this woman surely knows how to make me cry. We were the only ones who weren't crying at the big funeral, but look at me now. Bursting out in tears whenever my parents are mentioned out.

I sign in my accounts on my new computer, setting it up so I could finally sleep. YJY Academy, I'm scared. With my social anxiety and a new school, this would surely make me an awkward mess tomorrow.

-----------

"Chaeyoung, did you have a good sleep?" Mama asks me, sipping her coffee.

"I slept great, Mama. Jihyo-unnie, would you like to eat with us?" She was surprised, chuckling before going back to the kitchen.

"I'm good, Chaeyoung. Eat more, I'll leave your lunch here while I tend to the garden."

I get ready for school, a white polo shirt, and black pants greet me. I'm glad that Mama allowed me to use these, I don't really like the skirt. Even if it's a school uniform, I still need to look good.

I get my favorite hoodie, never forgetting my trusty sketchpad, and my lunch.

Taking off, I look around my neighborhood, enjoying the scenery. I could get used to this life. The entrance of YJY Academy greets me, a security guard walking up to me.

"Chaeyoung-ssi! Welcome! I'm Kita, Mrs. Yoo's favorite guard." He giggles, leading me the way. I bow as he leaves, going back to his post. My eyes staring at the classroom before me.

Class 3-A, huh. I'm smart!

I sit by the window, tuning out my classmate's voices. The professor walks in, smiling at me.

"Good morning! We have a new student joining us today. Please introduce yourself!"

I fucking hate school introductions.