Nerd

"Hi Mina!" A joyful Chaeyoung greets Mina, the quiet A-plus student. She sits beside her, while the other ignores her presence by scribbling on notes about what they had yesterday.

"Can I borrow your notes?" Mina looks at her, before going back to write again.

"Why would I ever lend you my notes?" Chaeyoung nods slightly, grabbing her sketchpad to doodle on.

Mina looks at her secretly, her heart skipping a beat.

A group of girls heard their conversation, walking up to Chaeyoung.

"Hi Chaeyoung! Do you need notes?" Mina kept her head low, jealousy already firing in her brain.

"Yeah, do you have some?"

"What lesson do you need?"

"14." The girl flips through her notebook, surprised to see that she forgot to write them down.

"Hey Mina, can I borrow lesson 14's notes? I'm sure you have them-"

Mina rips out the page the girl needed, crumpling it up before going back to write again.

"I don't have them. Can you leave us alone now?"

"Tch. You're such a bitch. I don't even know why Chaeyoung would want to hang out with you." The girl mumbles before leaving, Chaeyoung hearing her loud and clear.

She walks behind them, grabbing the girl by her collar.

"What the fuck did you say to her?!" The two get into a fight, a punch landing on Chaeyoung's lips.

"Chaeyoung!"

Mina pulls Chaeyoung away, running outside of the classroom. They stay in the clinic, with Mina handing a first-aid kit on Chaeyoung's lap.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you out of your mind, Chaeyoung?! You're so stupid!" Mina scolds her, the younger just kept looking down, gripping the kit in anger.

Mina lets out a sigh, grabbing the first-aid kit back. She places medicine on a white cotton ball, moving it closer to Chaeyoung's lips.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that."

Chaeyoung moves away, not wanting to get her injury treated.

"Stop it. Just let me do it." Mina holds Chaeyoung's face, the younger still moving away.

"Chaeyoungie, look at me." Mina says with a caring tone.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice." Chaeyoung started to look at her after a while. (haha whipped)

"You have to get used to people calling me that if you keep on hanging out with me." Mina lightly dabs the cotton on Chaeyoung's lips, the other flinching from the pain.

"But they called you a bitch-"

"So?" Mina's eyes showed anger, but slowly softened as she listens to Chaeyoung.

"You're not." Chaeyoung looks at Mina with pleading eyes, Mina can feel herself blushing already.

"Regardless, we can't control what people think. Let them be." Chaeyoung looks away again, gripping the ends of her uniform tightly.

Mina notices how adorable and tiny Chaeyoung looks right now, smiling to herself while placing her hand on the younger's cheek.

"Stop sulking now, I'll let you borrow my notes."

"I don't want it." Chaeyoung mumbles lowly, careful of her wound.

"You don't want it?" Mina teases, Chaeyoung shaking her head while looking down.