Understanding

It was 11:55pm, April 22, 2022. Mina was startled by her alarm. She had been waiting for this moment. She was ready to send her confession letter to Chaeyoung for her birthday.

ALARM RINGS*
CUB'S BDAY!

Shit. Welp, here we go.

Mina sent her letter at exactly 12:00am, April 23, 2022. She was panicking and having second thoughts about it. She was planning to unsend the message when Chaeyoung suddenly went online and read her letter.

Mina's quivering in fear. Different scenarios are coming up fast in her brain. What if she likes me? What if she doesn't? What if she gets weirded out? Her mind filled with whats suddenly cleared out when she heard her phone ring.

It was Chaeyoung calling her.

"Hello?"

"Mina unnie."

"Y-yeah?" Mina slapped her mouth when she stuttered. Chaeyoung chuckles, takes a deep breath and said,

"You know, this is probably the best birthday gift that I've received my entire life, Mina."

Mina's eyes were wide open. She was shaking in pure joy and excitement, but she maintained her composure and asked,

"What do you mean Chaeng?"

"Open the door. I'll tell you."

Mina got up quick, wore a hoodie and opened her door. Chaeyoung was outside with her hood up, hands in her pockets and fluffy slippers.

"I like you too, Mina. Ever since SIXTEEN. It's funny how you've never caught me, I was being pretty obvious. I'd love to be your girlfriend."

"Shut up, you know how dense I am."

Mina was feeling bold and pulled Chaeyoung into her room. They kissed, colors of red and pink shown on both their cheeks. They didn't notice the members that went inside Mina's room to surprise Chaeyoung. They stopped kissing when they felt confetti on their head.

The members were there, smirking at the both of them. 2yeon kept teasing their child while the rest were congratulating Mina for confessing.

"Finally Mina unnie! Chaeyoung can move out now." Dahyun kept shaking Mina's shoulders.

"Hey! That's not nice!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"We know, but we also know that you'd rather move in with Mina unnie so.." Tzuyu replied nonchalantly.

"Happy birthday Chaeyoung-ah!" The members, including Mina, screamed, filling the air with love and happiness.

Chaeyoung went near Mina, intertwined their hands and watched as their family devoured the cake.

TIMESKIP: 9AM

Chaeyoung felt lazy on her birthday. She wanted to spend the day by resting and being with Mina. When her eyes opened, she instantly look for her girlfriend, but was surprised to see no one beside her. She was about to stand up when Mina entered the room, holding a mini table filled with Chaeyoung's breakfast. Sunny-side up eggs with a bacon smile, pieces of french toast, caramel latté, and a bowl of strawberries.

"Good morning birthday girl. This is one of many gifts that you'll receive from me today and forever."

"Thank you love. Let's eat together."

They were sitting on their bed, watching Netflix while eating breakfast.

"What do you want to do today?" Mina asked Chaeyoung while feeding her a strawberry.