Christmas Special Pt. 2: Missing Loved Ones!

Emi's pov

"I cannot believe you invited Him!!" Kaoru snapped at Tamaki-senpai, pointing at Akihiko who was standing beside me. Ian stood quiet, he thought that Kaoru was pissed about him being here but none of us were truly bothered with him being here at all. It seemed that Akihiko was never going to learn to leave me alone or quit flirting with me so I was just going to have to teach him a lesson, one that would get him to stop. "Oh come on, Kaoru. It's not that bad." Tamaki-senpai dismissed Kaoru's anger completely, "How is this not that bad?!! He won't stop touching my girlfriend nor will he stop harassing and flirting with her!! Did you even think to ask Emi if she was even comfortable with him being around?!" He snapped, clenching his fist. I didn't expect Kaoru to be so angry but he had a really good point, "Oh come on, Kaoru. Why would Emi be uncomfortable with me being around? She likes having me around, right Em?" Akihiko looked down at me, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. "No, I don't actually. Get your hands off of me." I punched Akihiko square in the stomach, shocking everyone in the room, even Kaoru was shocked. Akihiko immediately let go of me, hunching over and groaned loudly in pain as he fell onto the floor and curled in the fetal position. "Oh shit..." Anna cursed, making Haruhi give her a slight glare which basically said 'Watch your language'. "Just because I let you stand close to me, doesn't mean that I want you to touch me. And I have a boyfriend, you need to respect that. Respect the fact that I'm not one of those girls that throw themselves at you, I'm different because I have a brain and I have morals. So stop flirting with me and I won't warn you again, put your hands on me one more time.. You will not see the light of day, do you understand me?" Akihiko looked up at me, white as a sheet and I could tell he was scared of me. Right now, I'd say everyone in the room except for Haruhi was afraid of me at the moment. But I didn't care for it, I was too pissed off about this the whole demeanor Akihiko carried into this house. "Yes, Emi. I understand. Sorry, I won't do it again." He strained, looking up at me.

"Emi, I'm so sorry. I didn't even think about you being uncomfortable with Akihiko around, I'm so sorry." Tamaki apologized, looking extremely guilty. I didn't say anything and instead just stared at him, my eyes doing the talking for me.

"We made cookies!!" Yori and Kyoya-senpai walked into the silence filled room, both of them immediately noticing the tension in the air and Akihiko laying on the floor, still curled in the fetal position. "What did we miss?" Yori asked, his smile faltering. "And why is Akihiko curled in the fetal position on the floor?" Kyoya-senpai asked, looking down at Akihiko, who let out a groan. Without saying anything, I stormed out of the living room area and looked for somewhere to be alone. I ignored the calls of everyone else, heading into the large hallway and wandered the halls just looking for an empty room to be alone. I didn't bother looking at the beautiful tapestry that lined the walls or the beautiful and rare paintings that we hung up, I didn't look at the festival decorations and eventually wandered into a room on the second floor of the vacation home. I closed the door, taking a look around the room which was honestly very beautiful. It was painted in the best shade of purple (lavender), there were Christmas lights strung up along the walls. There was a huge bed which sat in the middle of the room, the sheets were blended shades of black and purple. I let out a sigh, taking a seat on the bed, the mattress and sheets were extremely soft and comfortable.

I laid back on the bed, staring at the beautifully painted ceiling and took a moment to think about everything that happened this year. But as I was thinking, my mother's smiling face was all I could see. I closed my eyes, trying to keep myself from becoming emotional but I couldn't help it. This wasn't the first Christmas without our mom, but this was the first time Haruhi and I wouldn't be spending Christmas Eve or Christmas Day with Dad. Usually he would be able to get those days off but this time, he wasn't so lucky and was stuck with taking longer shifts. Which is why he was okay with us spending Christmas with Tamaki and the rest of the host club. But I wasn't, I wanted to be home with Dad, baking cookies and decorating the tree together with the three of us laughing, having fun and singing along to our favorite Christmas songs. Tears welled up in my eyes, I let out a loud sigh wanting to keep them in but nothing I tried was working. I rolled onto my side, tears streaming down my cheeks as I curled into a ball.

"Emi?" I heard Kaoru's voice call but I didn't look back at him. I wasn't sure how he managed to find me but he did, it made me feel a little bit better that he was the one to find me rather than everyone else. I sniffled loudly, tears continuing to fall. I heard him close the door and let out a soft sigh, knowing that I wasn't in a talking mood. I then heard light footsteps coming towards me, the bed dipped as Kaoru took a seat next to me. Instead of saying anything, he pulled me closer to him, my back touching his chest. He wrapped his arms around my small figure, I rolled onto my right side and buried my face into his chest. "It's okay, Emi. Let it out. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere any time soon. I'm right here." With those comforting words from Kaoru, I just let it all out and started sobbing. "I'm here. It's okay. It's going to be okay." Kaoru continued to whisper sweet things to me, comforting me with his words and presence.