Chapter 62: The Case of the Missing Bunny Part 3

3rd person's pov

"Emi, please get up." Haruhi pleaded, Yori and Anna were standing on either side of her as they all stood in front of Emi's bed. Yori and Anna had come over early the next morning to check on Emi, knowing that this was a rough time for her. Yuki-chan had been a part of her life since she was a little girl and because it was her mother's last gift to her, it made losing her a lot harder to cope with. They could see that it was also affecting Haruhi, though she wasn't showing it much. Haruhi wanted to stay strong for Emi, though she was growing tired of having to be the strong one in her family. Emi didn't say a word, nor did she move a muscle. Her mind was lost in the memories of her mother, she was curled underneath her dark blue comforter as she didn't want to get out of bed. Yuki-chan held utmost importance to Emi's memories of her mother, most of her memories involved both her mother and Yuki. Anna shifted on her left leg, her eyes shifting to the small, turquoise alarm clock sitting on the bedside table to Emi's right. "Let me try something," Anna walked out of the room, leaving Haruhi and Yori to wonder what Anna was about to do. Emi didn't budge from her spot nor did she make a sound either, instead just closed her eyes and thought of what her mother would do at this moment. "What do you think she's doing?" Yori whispered to Haruhi, leaning closer to her. "I don't know. She's your sister, shouldn't you know what she might have planned?" Haruhi whispered back, furrowing her eyebrows at Yori. "Just because she's my sister that doesn't mean that I know what goes through her head." He argued, before Haruhi had the chance to say anything else, Anna walked back into the room. Yori and Haruhi looked at her in shock, Anna looking at the two staring at her. It was silent for a few more minutes before Yori bursted into laughter, he couldn't believe what his sister was wearing.

"What the hell are you even wearing?!" He laughed.

"Stop laughing at me!" Anna punched Yori in the stomach, he groaned in pain but continued to laugh as he was still shocked. "It's not funny, Yori!" She snapped, crossing her arms as she stared at her brother. In all the commotion, Emi had not once lifted the covers to see what was going on with her friends. "Anna, why are you wearing a bunny costume?" Haruhi asked, "I wanted Emi to know that even though she doesn't have Yuki, she has something to hug for now until we find her." Anna pouted, "Aww, how cute." Yori laughed, Haruhi shoved Yori lightly and chuckled. Anna ignored the two, walking over to the bed and stood in front of Emi. "Emi, I know that you are really sad about Yuki going missing. I promise we will find her. Maybe someone has her and are trying to find who it belongs to. But in the meantime, you should know that you have me. And Haruhi. And my idiot of a brother. And the Host members. So please, get out of bed and come to school." Anna begged, Emi stayed still for a moment before lifting the covers off of her. Anna smiled as the face of her best friend appeared, but it slightly turned sad as she saw how heartbroken Emi looked. "Okay, I'll go to school." Both Yori and Haruhi stared at each other in shock before looking at Emi, who was now crawling out of bed.

Emi grabbed her school clothes and headed into the bathroom, leaving Haruhi and the siblings to gather her supplies. "I cannot believe she got out of bed." Yori said, "I know. I wasn't expecting it either. Not even I could get her out of bed." Haruhi said, looking at Anna. "I guess she just needed something to look forward to." Anna shrugged, Yori chuckled and shook his head. He still couldn't get over the fact that his sister was still in a bunny onesie, it was odd for him. Anna didn't like to wear onesies, especially outside of her bedroom. "Anna," Haruhi started, the two locked eyes. "Thank you," She smiled warmly at Anna, "Aw, don't thank me yet. Thank me once we find Yuki." Anna smiled, Yori shook his head and slipped on his jacket. "Come on, let's get going." Haruhi grabbed her bookbag, while Yori carried both his and Emi's bag. The three exited Emi's room, running into Emi who had just finished getting dressed. Her hair laid wet and stuck to her face, her eyes seeming slightly dull. "You're not seriously thinking of wearing that to school, right?" Yori asked, looking back at his sister. She was still wearing the bunny onesie, "What?" She laughed, "You think I'm crazy enough to wear this to school?" She laughed, waving her hand dismissively at her brother. His facial expression changed as Anna laughed, giving her a look that read 'I don't believe you'. Anna's laughs died down when she noticed the look on her brother's face, she let out a sigh and her body slightly slouched. "Fine. I'll go change." She grabbed her book bag, heading towards the bathroom. After Anna changed back into her school uniform, Haruhi offered them some tea and snacks to eat on the way. The four of them headed off to school, hoping that they could find Yuki.