Chapter 63: The Case Of the Missing Bunny Comes to a Close!!

Yori's pov

"You guys are seriously thinking about following that idiot around for the rest of the day?" Ian asked, quirking an eyebrow at Honey-senpai, Hikaru and Tamaki. He didn't seem as skeptical of Akihiko as the rest of us were but I could tell that Ian didn't believe him, I don't think anybody at the table believed him when he said that he hadn't seen Yuki before. He has been in the club room with us when Emi had Yuki-chan out in the open, she also carried Yuki around like Honey-senpai did. Though, I noticed within the last few months she hadn't been doing that. I just thought that she had Yuki in her bag with her, not that she didn't carry her around school at all. "Yes, his behavior wasn't normal." Tamaki-senpai said, looking up from the picture of Emi, Yuki and Mori-senpai. "When is Akihiko ever normal?" Haruhi asked, looking up at Tamaki-senpai. "You have a point, he never is." Kasanoda agreed, the bell rang signaling that it was time for our next class. "You think Emi is going to show up for her next class?" Ian asked, looking to Haruhi and I. "Honestly, I don't think so. If anything Kaoru is going to miss class as well to make sure she's going to be okay." Haruhi stated, she stood to her feet and grabbed her lunch box. I was very much concerned for the well being of my best friend, I know that losing the last thing that her mother gifted her must have been taking a huge toll on her mentally. I mean, she could hardly get out of bed. Thank god, Anna thought of a way to get her to come to school but now I was thinking, maybe it would have been best for her to stay home today. I wanted nothing more than to run after Emi after she blew up at Akihiko but that wasn't my job, I'm not her boyfriend and as long as she has one, that has become his job. Kaoru is her boyfriend and I honestly think she might need him more than ever at the moment with Yuki missing. I just hope that we find Yuki and soon, I'm worried that if we don't ever find her, Emi might be depressed forever.

"How are you seven going to explain to your teachers that you have missed class because you wanted to follow one student around school for the rest of the day instead of going straight to class?" Kyoya-senpai asked, pushing his glasses up on the bridge of his nose.

"I'll handle that later. For now, we have to get going if we want to track Akihiko down and follow him around. There has to be an answer to his odd behavior today." Tamaki-senpai said, holding his head high. I waved goodbye to Ian and Haruhi, telling the latter that I would check in with her later. The seven of us headed out of the cafeteria and quickly hid in an empty classroom, waiting for all of the students to go into their classes for the time being so we weren't caught skipping class by anybody. "So is there a plan about how to go about this or are we just going roam the halls blindly?" Kasanoda asked, his eyes shifting to Tamaki-senpai, who seemed like he was deep in thought for a moment. He then reached into a pocket on the inside of his jacket, pulling out a folded piece of paper. He unfolded it, his eyes seemed to be focused on whatever was written or printed on that paper. "We're going to have to split up, its the best way that we can go about finding out what the rest of his day is like. Yori, Kasanoda, you'll be with me. We're going to be checking out Akihiko's practice room for clues. Kyoya-senpai was nice enough to share some of the school activities that Akihiko participates in during the day." Tamaki-senpai explained, "Honey-senpai and Mori-senpai, you two will check around the lockers in the work out room. Akihiko goes to Special Ed after this class, meanwhile, Anna and Hikaru, you'll follow Akihiko to his next class after special Ed which is actually the same class you two are in with him anyways. Alright, let's split up and see what we can find out." With that, everyone reluctantly agreed to where they were going and we all left as soon as the hallway was clear of students and staff.

Kasanoda, Tamaki-senpai and I snuck down the hallway, making sure to look out for teachers or staff who could be roaming the halls just hoping to catch students out of class with no excuse pass. After Tamaki-senpai had given out our places to look, all of us split up and agreed to meet back at our club room if we found anything. "Do you think Akihiko could have done something with Yuki? I know he's been around Emi when she's had Yuki with her in the club room." Kasanoda looked over at the two of us, confusion etched on his face. He was very much right about that, I remember that Akihiko has been hanging around the club room a lot recently. "He could have possibly taken Yuki to give to some girl he fancies. He might have thought that the plushie would win her over possibly... I mean.. He was there in the club room with us when Yuki went missing.. And when Emi revealed that she was gone, so was Akihiko." I thought out loud as the three of us walked, "Or.." Tamaki-senpai started, clearing his throat. "It could be a misunderstanding. A coincidence. Maybe he didn't have anything to do with Yuki going missing." He suggested, "But if that's the case then how did Yuki go missing in the first place? Emi had her in the club room next to her the whole time. Emi was sleeping with Yuki on the bed that Honey-senpai uses." Kasanoda quipped, "There's no way any of the other host members took Yuki. We all know just how special that plushie is to Emi. So there's no way that any of us club members could have taken it." I chimed in.

"So this is Akihiko's practice room?" I looked up at the number placard hanging over the top of the door, "Yeah, he comes in here nearly every day of the week to practice his piano lessons." Tamaki-senpai explained, he opened the door and the three of us peeked into the room. It reminded me of how our club room is set up, to the right of us there was a large grand piano sitting in the middle of the room. Across from that was a couch area with a coffee table and on top of it, sat a tea set along with music sheets, the three of us spread out to different parts of the room. I looked through a shelf that sat directly opposite of the grand piano, all I could find in the drawers were music sheets, hair care products and some cosmetics. Both Tamaki-senpai and Kasanoda didn't find anything other than what I found, "Nothing. There's nothing in here." I sighed in frustration, running my hand through my hair. "Where do we go next? There's nothing in here." Kasanoda asked, placing a stack of music sheets back on top of the piano. "We can check his locker next." Tamaki-senpai said, with that said the three of us headed out of the room.

"Do you really think Yuki could be in his locker?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. We don't know for sure that he could have taken Yuki in the first place but at the same time, he could have Yuki."

"Um, excuse me.." I heard a soft spoke voice call behind us, I stopped walking and turned my head. Standing just a few feet behind us was a young girl, who looked around Haruhi's age and she long white hair. To be honest, she was extremely beautiful and albeit, the uniform was ugly, she seemed to make it look perfect. "Yes, what is it?" I asked, "I think I have what you're looking for. I know that Emi has been missing Yuki-chan and I know that Emi must be having a really hard time." She removed her hands from behind her back, my eyes widening as my eyes landed on the white bunny plushie in her hands. I know that both Tamaki-senpai and Kasanoda were just as shocked and stunned as I was, "Where did you get that?" Tamaki-senpai asked, shock etched across his face. "Akihiko gave Yuki to me the other day before school started." My emotions ranged from shock to surprise to finally anger, I was more angry than anything in this moment. Akihiko crossed the line the minute he touched Yuki without permission, then he went and gave it to some girl that he had a crush on. And for what? To woo her and get her to fall for him? He literally tore Emi's heart apart, not with his words but with his actions by taking Yuki in the first place. He took something that wasn't his so he could woo a girl that he likes, when Emi finds out about this, she's never going to forgive him for it. Neither will any of the other club members or even Haruhi, who usually is civil with Akihiko when it comes to his behavior. "I don't think he knew that this plushie belongs to Emi." She spoke, looking down at Yuki. She held Yuki out to Tamaki and I, Tamaki looked down at Yuki and took the plushie from the young girl standing in front of us.

"Thank you.." Tamaki-senpai trailed off as the three of us realized that we didn't get her name, "Moriko. My name is Moriko. I'm a second year student and I'm one of Emi's many customers, though I don't get to see Emi that often." She laughed softly, "That's how I knew that the plushie that Akihiko gave me was Yuki. I had seen Emi with it a lot throughout the school year.and in club." She explained. "I know just how important Yuki is to Emi. Just like how important Usa-chan is to Honey-senpai." She added.

"Thank you, Moriko. Thank you so much, you have no idea how much you just saved everyone here and made Emi happy." I smiled at her, "It's no problem.. I hated seeing Emi so depressed, as soon as I recognized Yuki, I had already made up my mind to return her to her rightful owner." She stated, "I have to get going, tell Emi that I'm sorry that Yuki was taken away from him because of me." Moriko gave us a gentle wave goodbye and headed off, leaving the three of us in the hallway.

"We got Yuki back.. I can't believe it." Kasanoda said. "I can't believe we were right about suspecting Akihiko to know something... The fact that he even gave Emi's favorite plushie and most prized possession away to some girl that he likes is horrible. We trusted him." Kasanoda stated.

"There's no coming back from this for him. Emi won't be able to forgive him. And neither will the rest of us. But Emi will be so happy to be with her beloved Yuki again." Tamaki-senpai smiled, I, however, was unbelievably angry. I had the urge to punch Akihiko for what he did and what he's put my best friend through, he is not going to get away with something like this. I don't care if he was for once, thinking about someone other than himself, he clearly disregarded Emi's boundaries and her emotions. And that, that is a sure fire way to get me to punch someone in the face.

"Yori, aren't you glad we were able to get Yuki back-" Tamaki-senpai trailed off, his smile along with Kasanoda's fading when they saw the look on my face.

"I'm going to kill Akihiko. He's going to pay for putting Emi through Hell."