Chapter 55: Anna's Crush!!

Emi's pov

I noticed something different about Anna this past week, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one to notice it either. Haruhi, Tamaki and Yori all noticed besides me that Anna was going through something. I had pulled them to the side yesterday to talk about this, since we were really worried about her. Currently, I was sitting in class with Kaoru, Haruhi, Hikaru and Akihiko. The five of us had been placed in a group together for a class project, which had both Kaoru and Akihiko constantly arguing with one another. It was the most frustrating thing to sit through, but my mind kept going back to Anna. She really was acting strange and it wasn't her usual strange behavior either, which is what was throwing me off. She had already snapped at Honey-senpai, which is something she hardly ever does. Even after the whole fiasco with Yori confessing and Honey-senpai confessing his feelings, she didn't yell at him or anything. She didn't hold animosity towards him either, so when she snapped it was a really big deal. Something was going on with her and I'm going to make it my mission to find out just what it is. I was so deep in thought, I didn't hear Hikaru calling my name. I jumped slightly, as an arm wrapped around my shoulder. I was suddenly pulled into someone's chest. "What the hell do you think you're doing, Akihiko?" Kaoru snapped, as I looked at him. He looked furious, I could see in his eyes just how angry he was. Haruhi and Hikaru both sighed, knowing that Kaoru might tackle Akihiko over the the table like last time. "What's it look like, lover boy? I'm going to woo Emi. I mean, who could resist this handsome face." My eyebrow twitched, as he began to go on and on about his appearance. I let out a frustrated sigh, rolling my eyes as I shrugged his arm off of me. In doing this, he took notice of my actions. "You really can't resist my charms can you?" He questioned, putting his face closer to mine. "I'm not going to answer that. But what I will tell you is this.. I'm not going to give in to that stupid false charm of yours. And I will also say this.." My expression darkened, "You will never win over my heart, Akihiko. So stop trying." I said, making him look at me like I grew three heads. "Hey Hikaru," I called out, "Yeah, what's up?" He asked, looking just as shocked as Akihiko. "Can we switch seats so I can sit next to Kaoru?" I asked, "Sure." Hikaru and I switched seats, and I peacefully sat down. "Alright, let's started with the project." Haruhi suggested, making me nod as I opened the packet.

~~

I was sitting at our usual Lunch table with Kaoru, Hikaru, Haruhi and the other host club members including Yori when Anna came sulking over to the table. "Anna, you okay?" Anna took a seat, looking extremely sad. "Anna?" Tamaki senpai spoke up, she looked up at us and I knew something was wrong. "Anna, come with me. We'll be right back. Haruhi." I signaled for Haruhi to follow after me, as I pulled Anna's arm and dragged her away from the table. Haruhi followed after me, as we left the cafeteria and I led the two out of the school and into the garden.

"Anna, what's going on? You can talk to us you know. I've noticed that for the past week, you've been acting very weird. I know you like that back of my hand. You aren't acting your usual self. What's troubling you?" I asked, as the three of us stood together. Anna suddenly bursted into tears, catching Haruhi and I off guard. The two of us looked over at one another, incredibly concerned. We looked back at Anna, who was sobbing heavily enough that her shoulders were shaking. I pulled Anna into a large hug, wondering what was going on. I looked at Haruhi, just holding onto Anna who was still crying. Haruhi gave me a concerned look as Anna pulled back from the hug, trying to calm herself down.

"Anna?" Haruhi called.

"I'm sorry.." She apologized.

"Don't be sorry for crying, Anna. We're your best friends. You can always cry to us when you need someone to cry to. That's what best friends are for. We are here for you. If you don't want to tell us what's wrong, then that's okay. We will understand, but you have to give us something. We want to help you." Haruhi said.

"I've been wanting to tell you this for a while, but I didn't know how. Especially since Emi has been dealing with a love triangle with my brother, Honey-senpai and Kaoru. I didn't want to burden you both with anymore things since you have so much on your plate now." She smiled, her hazel eyes meeting mine. Hearing this broke my heart to pieces, I couldn't believe she felt as if she couldn't tell me or Haruhi anything because of everything that has been going on. I never realized that I was making her feel that way and it broke my heart into a million pieces, seeing that she needed me and Haruhi and we weren't seeing it until now.

"Anna, you will never be a burden to any one of us. You can always tell us anything when you need us, even when we have so much on our plate. Anna, do you remember the promise that we made in middle school before you and Yori moved?" I asked, Anna sniffled but didn't say anything.

"We made a promise that no matter what happens in our life at the moment, even if we are in the middle of a raging tornado.. We promised that we would always stay with each other, be right next to each other, never leave the other behind. And we promised that we would be right by each other's side, not facing whatever it is alone. Do you remember that promise?" She nodded, as I held her hand.

"Anna, what's going on?"

"I have a crush on somebody.. But I already know that he doesn't like me back. He likes somebody else and I already confirmed it." She wiped her tears.

"How do you know that?"

"Because I heard him confess. His feelings for her to his friends."

"Anna.. This is not an easy question to ask.. But who is your crush?" I asked. She went quiet for a moment, her eyes shifting from between Haruhi and I.

"Anna.." Haruhi started.

"It's... Ian.. I have a huge crush on Ian. And I have for months now."

"WHAT??!!" Haruhi and I shouted loudly, our eyes bugging out of our heads as we stared at Anna, who only gave us a nervous smile.