43

brooke

"my room looks so pretty," brooke admired her newly painted walls and smiled.

"probably because i'm in it." harry joked, laughing as brooke gently hit him on the arm.

brooke rolled her eyes and then looked at their faces, "i think my face is yellow and i'm pretty sure yours is pink."

"i think so too," harry smiled, looking at brooke.

"c'mon loser, let's go clean our faces."

brooke and harry tumbled into the bathroom, and when their faces were clean from paint the whole bathroom looked like a mess.

"well," brooke sighed, "i'll clean that later."

they exited the bathroom and entered brooke's room, "brooke, it's like two in the morning."

brooke checked the time as she yawned, "i guess it is two in the morning."

"let's get you to sleep," harry laughed, pulling brooke onto the mattress after he turned off the lights.

"please stay," brooke said, her voice quiet and soft as harry stood near the light switch.

harry smiled, even though brooke couldn't see, and slid into the bed next to her. "i wasn't going to leave in the first place."

harry kissed the back of her head as he nervously slid his arm around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"you're like a little kitten," harry said, "so cute and sleepy."

brooke laughed and lazily nodded.

"you know brooke, i'm really glad you're here, in england, with me. when we first started talking i wasn't sure where everything was leading on to until you said you were moving here, and then i knew."

brooke turned around so that she faced harry, "me too, harry, me too. i really like it here. it's cold but it's cozy, you know?"

harry nodded as he swept strands of her hair behind her ear, meeting eyes with her as they laid on the bed.

"it feels like home," she added, loving the feeling of the warmth of harry's arms around her, making her feel safe and comfortable.

harry leaned in and pressed a short, sweet kiss to brooke's lips. they both broke out into soft, heartfelt smiles with their eyes glazed over in tiredness.

"did you know that when i was thirteen," and with that, brooke and harry spent the early morning telling stories about their childhood, laughing and smiling, even as they fell asleep.

---

when brooke woke up, and the other side of the bed was empty and cold, she tiredly sat up and rubbed her eyes.

checking her phone, she noticed she had a text from harry.

fuck boy: went home to change my clothes and such, i'll be back in like an hour or so ???? :)))

brooke smiled and didn't bother to respond as she grabbed some clean clothes and went to go take a shower.

surprisingly, the bathroom was clean, nothing like how it was left last night.

smiling happily, brooke took her time in the shower.

when she got out, she brushed her teeth and lazily combed through her hair, not getting to all the tangles but she didn't mind.

wondering down stairs, brooke found her grandmother sitting in the newly furnished living room with the television on.

"nice chair," brooke said, sitting down on a recliner.

grams nodded, "so you guys painted your room yesterday?"

"yeah, my room looks nice. have you seen it?"

grams broke into a smile and started to laugh loudly, "this morning i went to check up on you and there was harry and you cuddling like some teenagers sick in love and i got a photo!"

"grandma!" brooke whined, sinking into her chair, "not cool!"

"i'm sorry! but it was the cutest thing ever and i wanted to scream or something, but i couldn't because then i would've woken you guys up and probably would have broke my back."

brooke sighed and playfully rolled her eyes at her fangirling grandmother, "anyways, doesn't my room look nice?"

grams smiled at her granddaughter before replying, "yes, lovely."

"thank you, now that's all i came down here for." brooke stood up and began to walk towards until grams shouted, "wait!"

brooke turned around on the balls of her feet and looked at her grandmother, "what?"

"i'm going to the store to get some candles, want to come?"

brooke thought of harry saying he would be back in a hour, "sure, but we have to make it quick."

"okay, go get dressed i'll be waiting in the car."

after brooke was dressed and seated in her grandmothers car she texted harry.

love: i'm going to the store w grams, the doors unlocked if you get here before us

---

brooke and grams exited the store with a couple of bags filled with candles, starting the car, grams sighed out of exhaustion.

"want to go get some coffee?"

brooke nodded and checked her phone to see if harry had texted her back, to see that she had only one notification from the app store.

brooke sighed and rested her hair against the window until they were near the coffee shop.

"mind a little walk?" grams said as she parked the car a block or so from the coffee shop.

"is this your way of telling me i'm fat?"

her grandmother laughed as they both got out of the car, "all i'm saying is to try and lay off all that greasy pizza."

brooke gasped and gently hit her grandmothers arm as they began to walk down the sidewalk, "don't speak that way of pizza!"

they both laughed and enjoyed rest of the walk in silence.

"oh no," her grandmother gasped as they reached the coffee shop windows.

"omg, is somebody wearing a fur coat?"

brooke smiled at her own little joke as she tried to find what grams was looking at until she looked at the corner of the shop.

through the reflection of the shop window, brooke saw her hair flying through the wind; the cars moving behind her; and her whole body becoming numb.

there was harry, with his shoulder around another girl as he gave her a short kiss on the lips.

brooke and her grandmother stood outside the window for a few seconds, and with tears threatening to spill, brooke spoke in a raspy and unstable voice, "coffee doesn't sound too good right now, let's go."

and as soon as the words left her mouth, harry looked up with a smile on his face until he saw brooke and her grandmother standing outside the shop windows.

harry abruptly stood up snd began to walk towards the doors, but brooke and her grandmother were already half way to the car.

an: i feel like my stories are never interesting so i thought of this