38

brooke

when brooke was awakened by loud laughing, she groaned and sat up on the air mattress.

she smelt food being cooked that actually smelt very nice so she wondered down stairs as she quickly put her hair into a ponytail.

stopping at the beginning of the staircase, she saw harry and gran making breakfast, laughing at something one of them must've said.

"good morning," brooke announced as she took a seat at the island in the kitchen.

"good morning dear," gran said as harry gave brooke a small smile.

"what are you guys doing?" brooke asked.

"just making some pancakes and such. did you know harry used to work at a bakery? he cooks really well." brooke's grandmother complimented harry and brooke let out a small laugh.

"thank you," harry said as he turned off the stove.

"alright, i'm going to bring some of this food to my friend down the street, i'll see you guys later." gran kissed brooke's forehead before grabbing a plate of food and her jacket; exiting the house.

"you hungry?" harry asked brooke
as he put a couple pancakes on a plate.

"not really," harry heard her say behind him.

he shut his eyes for a few moments, sighing to himself before continuing to make his plate.

"want to head back upstairs?" he asked, putting on a small smile.

brooke nodded and got out of her seat before heading up the stairs with harry and his plate of food.

sitting on the bed, brooke turned on her laptop as harry sat next to her, making sure he wouldn't drop his plate.

as they leaned against the wall, harry continued to cut his pancakes into squares, watching the beginning of some random movie.

brooke leaned against harry's shoulder, her hand gently laying on his abdomen area.

"you want a bite? you haven't ate since that coffee we had yesterday." harry asked, wanting brooke to at least take a bite of some actual food.

"no, i'm good," brooke said, not taking her eyes off the laptop screen.

harry sighed as he sat up and closed her laptop shut.

"what are you doing?" brooke asked, sitting up as well.

"take a bite of the pancake," harry said, putting a piece of the fluffy food onto the fork.

"i'm not hungry, harry." brooke insisted.

"please brooke, i know you don't want to, but please."

"no, it's not that i don't want to, it's just that i'm not hungry. i could eat if i wanted to." brooke said, crossing her arms over her chest.

harry sighed, "then start wanting to! you have to eat brooke, it's not healthy. you're skin and bones, you weight less than a twelve year old boy and you're sixteen!"

"it's not that easy!" she yelled, feeling the tears form in her eyes.

"i understand baby, please just one bite and i'll leave you alone for the rest of the day." harry softened his voice, afraid his yelling might scare brooke.

brooke looked at the piece of fattening food that dangled off of harry's fork.

"i - i don't think i can." brooke whispered, her voice barely audible.

"yes you can, just one bite, don't think about it."

brooke sighed but nodded, harry brought his fork up to brooke's mouth, and she slowly chewed the piece of pancake.

after brooke swallowed, harry sighed happily and wrapped his arms around brooke.

"thank you love," harry said.

brooke closed her eyes and nodded slowly, the taste of syrup and flour lingering in her mouth.

an: the wattpad app was acting weird for me and wouldn't let me view any books or edit my own so sorry for not updating for a week that won't happen again lol

aLSO thanks for 2k views!!