40

brooke

after putting on a pair of light denim jeans and a red lifeguard hoodie, brooke put on her white keds and grabbed her wallet and phone.

her hair was in a loose ponytail with the ends slightly curled, minimal make-up was occupying her face; she felt okay with how she looked.

soon enough, harry knocked on the door and basically let himself in the house since brooke hadn't known he was there until he put his hands on her hips.

"ready?" he smiled as he rested his head on her shoulder. brooke slightly jumped from his sudden appearance but nodded.

she looked in the reflection once more before harry unwrapped his arms from around her waist and began dragging her down stairs.

"may i say you look very nice." harry said, smiling at brooke as they walked to his car.

"thank you," brooke returned his smile with one of her own and got in the car.

---

when arriving to the aquarium, brooke and harry paid their entry fee and started to walk around.

"let's start off with the fishies," brooke giggled, going over to the small tanks with harry trailing behind her.

"this one reminds me of nemo," harry said, pointing at a small clown fish.

brooke nodded in agreement and continued looking at the fishes, "some of these are so weird looking, like me."

harry laughed but shook his head, disagreeing with what she had said.

soon later, after brooke got bored of the small creatures swimming in circles, they finally started to look at rest of the aquarium.

"touch this! it feels cool!" harry smiled as he ran his fingers across a starfish that sat in the bottom of an old boat filled with water.

brooke looked at the starfish and shook her head, "nuh uh, i don't want to touch that."

"why not?" harry pouted, "it feels so cool, please just touch it once!"

brooke stared at the creature, laying harmlessly in its makeshift tank, "no way, it looks scary."

harry groaned and grabbed brookes hand, "please just feel it, it's so cool. i'll even hold your hand."

harry smiled at brooke as she groaned and put her hand right over the surface of the water, "but what if it wraps it's arm things over my hand and then we have to cut my hand off to get the starfish off of me?"

harry laughed and shook his head, "i promise, that won't happen."

brooke stared at the innocent starfish and quickly ran her finger across it.

"ew!" she held her hand to her chest, "ugh, it feels gross and it's so scary!"

harry laughed as he held brookes hand and continued to walk around the aquarium.

brooke smiled to herself as she felt harrys hand interlock with hers, quickly glancing at harry smiling at the sting ray's which are now basically harmless.

---

"so why didn't you like touching the animals?" harry laughed as be bit into a fry.

"because i think they're going to like, bite my hand off or something. i don't know it's always been a fear of mine since i was little." brooke shrugged and took a sip of her tea.

harry nodded and gently laughed, looking at brookes medium sized cup of tea, "you sure you don't want some food?"

brooke stayed silent as she looked at harry's hamburger and fries, noticing the large amount of salt on the fries and the massive amount of ketchup and mustard on the hamburger.

grabbing a small fry, she bit into it, letting the taste welcome her mouth. she wasn't sure how long it had been since she ate fries.

harry smiled warmly at her as she finished the fry and wiped her fingers on the napkin. glancing up, brooke locked eyes with his forest green eyes and she smiled back.

"so, how about after this, we go to your house and start painting your room?" harry asked, taking a drink from his soda.

brooke nodded as she stirred her drink with her straw, "i think my grandma is going out with her friend again, so i'm pretty sure we'll be home alone."

harry nodded his head as well and hurried to finish his food, wanting to have some actual fun with brooke. which consisted of them painting her walls and splattering paint on one another, and he was definitely excited for that.

an: guys i have almost one month left of school wow can't this go any fastER??!?! but i'll probably be trying to finish this book by then and get started on my other ones because i have 2 i already stared writing and i have one in mind that i want to start.

but anyways thanks for all your lovely comments and votes i appreciate it a lot (: