42

harry

"what should i paint?" brooke pouted, her paintbrush in her hand as she sat down next to the wall.

"paint some quotes," harry suggested, he leaned against the space right next to brooke, smiling at her little pout.

"well, what quote then?" her eyebrows furrowed as she shut her eyes, harry assumed she was thinking of what to write.

"wait," brooke said, grabbing her other colors, "i have an idea."

harry watched her as she started to paint little strokes of green and pink and a few other colors, having to mix some colors together along the way.

her face looked so concentrated on what was in front of her, harry didn't dare interrupt her.

soon, harry realized she was painting flowers, and that she was adding a quote in black above the painting.

harry didn't know brooke was able to paint nicely, but it turns out she did, and she was good at it.

nearly forty-five minutes passed until brooke announced that she was finished, harry hadn't realized the time flying by because he was so absorbed in admiring brooke.

harry read the short quote she added, "you think you're a flower, but really you're the whole meadow."

"where did you get this from?" harry asked, glancing at brooke as he smiled.

brooke shrugged, "i saw it on tumblr."

"well it's cute," harry smiled.

"thank you," she said, her cheeks turning a dark pink and her smile widening.

---

"so you want me to dip my hands in the paint and put my hands against the wall so it leaves my handprint?"

brooke nodded, "it'll look cute, just do it, dip them in yellow."

harry sighed but did as she said, dipping his large hands into the paint and then pressed his hands against her white wall.

"now i'll do mine," brooke dipped her smaller hands in the pink and pressed one on either side of harry's handprints.

brooke kneeled back down, her bottom on her calfs, "looks cute, doesn't it?"

harry nodded, even though he wasn't looking at the wall, he was looking at her.

brooke laughed and wiped a finger under her eyes, smearing paint on her bone cheeks, "omg, do i look like a football player?"

brooke looked at harry when he didn't reply and saw that he was looking at her and smiling softly, "what? what's wrong?"

harry shook his head and his mind reeled with thousands of thoughts, "can i try something?"

brooke looked at harry, confused with her eyebrows scrunched together she nodded timidly, "i guess?"

harry held her cheeks softly in his hands that were covered in yellow paint and she laughed loudly, "it's so cold!"

harry looked at her laughing happily with her cheeks covered in yellow paint with a smudge of the remaining pink, her dimple popped out and her eyes were squeezed shut.

his heart did this jump that sort of scared him, but it felt, nice.

and after that, he couldn't hold back any longer, he leaned in and gently pressed his lips to hers.

brooke

brooke immediately stopped laughing; her eyes were gently shut as she slowly wrapped her hands around his neck.

she was shocked, but she actually felt happy. if she was thinking straight, she may've pulled away, but right now, right then, when his lips were moving slowly and passionately against hers, she couldn't possibly pull away.

she felt good, it felt wonderful. her heart was beating quickly, and her hands were slightly shaking as they rested on the back of his neck.

her whole body felt alive, and it felt incredible.

when harry slowly pulled away, he rested his head against hers. stumbling over his words he gently smiled, "sorry, i just couldn't - couldn't go any longer without kissing you."

brooke blushed and looked down at the floor. as they stayed silent, brookes mind was racing with thoughts, and she grew worried.

her walls started to build back up.

she unwrapped her arms from his neck and bit her lip, creating a little distance between them. "what, what does this mean? was this just a one time thing? did that mean anything at all?"

harry shook his head and furrowed his eyebrows, wrapping his hands around hers. "no, no. this means everything. i like you, i like you a lot. and i want you to know that."

brooke glanced up at him through her eyelashes, "i - i like you too, harry. but i can't have you kiss me and then walk away, leave like everybody else. i'm not strong enough to hold myself together when you leave, i can't, i just can't."

"i'm not going to leave you. i need you just as much as you need me. i can't possibly walk away from the one thing in my life i actually care about."

brooke nodded and wiped her eyes, "you sure?"

"definitely," and with that, harry leaned in for another kiss as she began to smile.

an: well we have over 3k views so that's very exciting !!!!!

i don't really have anything to say so yeah