42.Sweetheart?

The road of recovery is long and it's uncertain how bumpy is it going to be. However, Rajveer was adamant on his decision.

In his words,

'I know my body better than anyone else and i say that it'll be easier for me to recover living under my own roof. The hospital atmosphere is depressing and not good for my mental health.'

On his insistence, there was no choice for the elders but to comply with his demand. It had been 3 days when he had the joy of waking up seeing his wife's face and adoring her in the reflection of morning sunlight. After having breakfast together she had spent half a day with him talking and laughing about silly things and her college encounters before she was called back.

As per his information, their marriage secret was already exposed and discussions were going about the future course of action between their families. Unfortunately, she was alone facing all the interrogations without him being at her side which was making him restless as well.

Therefore, after the third day of not being able to be on the recieving end of his Tivali's care and affection, his dam of patience finally broke as his calls had started going to voicemail, since morning.

"Hey Aman, please make a call to your wife, maybe they are together and busy."
Rajveer requested Aman.

"And what made you think Simi will take the call if she was busy. Live these few days of peace you have."
Aman muttered shortly after.

But Rajveer's anxious mind was compelling him to check on her so the first step he could follow was to get early discharge. His condition was not serious anymore, so he was excused on the grounds of getting check ups every 3 days and appointment of a professional nurse. The latter was ofcourse denied by him.

"I'm already done with my breakfast and the IV even. What the heck are you waiting for, Aman?"

"Listen Mr. Chief Minister, Neither am i your junior staff nor you are my father, so stop with all the yellings. I'm fed up already, now that you are leaving the hospital i have no excuse of avoiding being with Simi. She won't even let me have a peaceful night of sleep or a day without her mood swings. She won't even tell me what is wrong with her. Moreover, we had a fight so there is no chance for my call being answered."

Aman burst at his cousin's impatience.

"But everything was alright till last night. I even talked to her parents they were even more indulgant than usual."

Rajveer spoke confused.

"I'm telling you don't poke a sleeping tiger. It's not my fault that Nivi's family does not want to send their daughter to spend another minute in your vicinity. They must have seen through your desparation, you male spinster."

"Shut up, I'm only an year older than you."

"Yes, and i doubt if i'm going to be a father before you."

"No way. Are you sure little brother? I don't think with your genes anything good can be expected but ofcourse thanks to your one and only good decision of marrying his/her
mother they'll receive good face and IQ."

Rajveer scoffed at his brother jokingly.

"Well, i doubt with your progress if you are ever going to have a child or not."

"Oh please, in no time she will be head over heels for me and i'm definitely going to have more children than you."

Rajveer boasted at his good looks.

"My sister will never allow your annoying self anywhere near her that too if you can change her family's decision of no marriage until she gets settled in her profession.