39. Just do it

As the commotion settled and the crowd dispersed, the only persons who remained standing still were Amreen and Mani, camouflaged in the surroundings, ignored by everybody.

"Do you need an invitation or what?"

Injured Amreen was shaken rudely as her arm was held in a death grip, breaking her thought process making a small hiss escape her mouth as her twisted ankle was pressed badly again. Controlling her pain, she pressed her lips in a thin line using a moment to collect herself, but the other person did not seem to understand that as he pulled her away from the wall she was leaning on.

"You imbecile, you should know that you cannot treat us like however you wish anymore." Mani shouted as she stepped forward to support Amreen.

"Really? But nobody told me that." A nameless goon mocked her, riling her up.

"You saw that male god earlier, the one who took away our sister. The one who shot at your brother in arms. Don't tell me you forgot already. He is my brother-in-law, famous for his cruelity.

And the other one who was standing beside your boss, he is her boyfriend. So don't even think about hurting either of us again. Or i'll make sure the next bullet shoots straight in your forehead."

Amreen grew alert at the fake threat and the white lie, even through her pain, looking around if he had heard, giving away an incredulous reaction to Mani.

"I saw it earlier. So, don't think that you can fool me so easily.

They are here only for one person. As for both of you, it's just a matter of time that your fate is decided in Laila's hands."

With that, they were pushed harshly to move ahead towards a new prison.

"You are going to regret this."

Even though they had met Rajveer only twice, Amreen was confident that he would not leave them behind for these wolves. They were family afterall. Even Mani was trying hard to conceal her nervousness of being ignored in earlier encounter behind a tough facade. Nobody was at fault here, as they were really forgotten from the minds of their rescuers.

Stepping inside the well-lit room, Rajveer looked around to see a room that looked much better than he expected. Maybe, he should live another day.

Placing his treasured wife on the bed gently, he demanded a first-aid box from the guard who guided him there. His orders were unconsciously carried out as the couldn't gather courage to refuse him.

Rajveer took his seat beside unconcious Navneet as he looked at her battered appearance. Messy hair, pale face with fresh blood trickling down her delicate chin. Her thin arms were littered with bruise marks from the manhandling earlier. He collected her long hair in a messy knot at the top of her head, revealing her dainty shoulders and a swollen mark caused due to the drug injected before.

Suppressing anger was getting more & more difficult for him as he observed her face contorted in pain frowning continuously. Taking out his handkerchief, Rajveer went towards the bathroom and drenched it under water. wringing out the excess water, he proceeded to clean her face and hands off the dust and blood.

Squeezing out a pea amount of ointment he applied it on her bruises. Navneet's eyes fluttered open due to the burning pain she suddenly began to experience. Rajveer ignored her reaction and kept on doing his task. As the pain grew intense, she shrieked to stop him.

"You are hurting me, Rajveer. Please stop it."

"You brought this upon yourself."

He answered monotonously easily freeing his hand from her grip and continued again, but a bit more gently this time.