34. The Action begins

Press the ⭐ down there before proceeding.

Author's pov:

"Miss, we've reached."

Mani was awakened by the loud voice of the driver who accompanied her to reach her new destination. She was worn out at the occurrence of unexpected events and her pregnancy as she nodded in daze and got down from the vehicle.

She was escorted by him towards the building at front, as he received the nods of the people standing at various points like entry, corridor, and a place like common room.

He directed her towards a narrow hallway and reached at the end of the corridor. Opening a door he ushered her in.

"The necessities will be supplied soon. And rest of the things will be carried out tomorrow. You should retire for the day."
He ordered the fearful looking woman and felt righteous about the decision he had taken to leave all this behind.
He gestures her to go inside and locked the door from outside.

In the vicinity of the same building a group of people sat working in front of computer screens, conducting an undercover investigation.

It was not the first time when Rajveer was conducting an operation undercover. But this time he wasn't going to be physically involved and was going to remain behind the scene which was going to be a difficult task in itself.

Currently they were seated inside a van parked at a secluded corner with the other accompanying ones a bit from there at different points. It was not very far from the worn down building which was the present hideout of the criminal group that was being monitored by Rajveer and his subordinate team.

 It was not very far from the worn down building which was the present hideout of the criminal group that was being monitored by Rajveer and his subordinate team

"The cameras are fixed and working perfectly, sir.
And we have received access to all previous recordings and their surveillance devices.

The mole chosen, has sent new leads and all these are already being assessed."

The Chief of the team who was responsible for directly reporting to the big boss aka Rajveer Singh Randhawa, supplied the updates to him.
Receiving a stern nod in return from their stiff looking team leader.

"Don't miss anything caught on the cameras, specially the recordings of recent days.

Keep a detailed note of the number of their people inside and the arms they carry.

And trace the location of the place where victims are being kept carefully.

I don't want a single casualty on our side."

Rajveer ordered a series of instructions to the officer reporting, giving him a signal of dismissal.

As soon as he left, Rajveer rubbed his throbbing temples in agony.
He was furious at the lack of justice his people were suffering for so long.