15. Settling the thoughts

The final day to pack the bags and move out, temporarily, had arrived sooner than later.

They were all set, except for some last moment picks and drops from the dress designers for alterations and other decorations.

As the girls are still kids who cannot do anything on their own, they were to be accompanied by their Surjeet veerji, for their dress related shopping.
All the other members of Simi's family had already left.
And to make sure Nivi doesn't look like a hobo on her bestie's wedding Simrat and Rubina had decided to tag her along.

And here was her  trying the nth dress on, for the nth time at the designer's place reserved exclusively for them for rest of the day.

Ofcourse, who would deny good money.

"Simi, you know what, now you are overdoing it.
I am already not comfortable in these, and they are sticking to my skin. I never wore such clothes before. And all this skin show. It is still winter, woman.
Do you want to freeze me on your wedding?

I can't even imagine reactions of my family."
Nivi tried for the last time, to change her mind, to reverse the mistake of letting her decide her clothes.
What a torment.

"Oh come on.
What is the use of such figure, if you can't even flaunt it."
Ruby interjected, rolling her eyes, busily selecting the accessories for the dresses.

"And don't worry. This is for
the time when it is going to be just us.
I mean young people.

As for freezing, haven't you heard penguins and the women attending a wedding never feel cold.

Now try these."
Another futile attempt flushed down the drain by Simrat, who was confused between the selections of heels.

"I am not going to wear the heels."
But shutting up at Simi's glare.

After trying the endless array of dresses, few compliments and comments here and there, they were ready to leave.

"Call veerji, before we leave.
He asked to do so."
Simrat ordered.

After a few moments, he arrived..but without any vehicle, looking baffled at the loads of bags in our hands.

"Somebody tampered the tyres, we will have to wait for the few minutes.
I called uncle, he will send somebody to pick you all from here soon."

The girls nodded at him simultaneously, his serious stance affecting Nivi.

"Is everything alright,
Veerji?"

"Yes, nothing big.
Just another problem at work.
After making sure of your safety I will directly leave from here."

Well, that was a polite way of saying None of your business.

Not that anyone will mind, his work problems are always high profile murders or conspiracies. Shuddering.*

"Who is Vihaan Shergill to our family?
Does anyone of you know him?"
And the Enquiry session starts.

"He is Aman's best friend.
We have met him twice.

He is a reliable person.
And an influential businessman."
Simrat answered.

"I am aware of such influences, very well."
Veerji nodded to himself and muttered under his breath, taking bags from Ruby who looked ready to pass out.

"Nivi, why are you so quite today?
Are you alright?"
Please don't ask me anything.

"Yes, veerji.
I'm just not getting any good feelings about all this.