40. Hospital visit

Please start by pressing the ⭐ down there.

Navneet's pov:

Waking up early in the morning has never been my thing, but the disciplining over the years has taught me to do so. Even now when it i have already spent two decades of my life, i cannot suppress the hateful emotions that emerge at the time of waking up. 

Earlier, it used to be because of my mother's insistence to recite Gurbani and now it is to prolong the hours to work. To complete the research, assignments and procrastinate time to time, binge watching dramas and enjoying with family, were the all things that formed an integral part of my life. Last twos are the necessity though.

However, past few days have accomodated many changes in my little world that my mind is still finding difficult to suck it all up. Recently the revelations made by Vihaan made me feel like i owe an apology to all the persons who were present with me on that tragic day. Even though i was unexpectedly married and was being consoled by my sisters that it was completely alright and they would have the same thing, had they been in my shoes. But their bruises make me feel otherwise. 

 As soon as my family got to know about my little adventure, they had rushed over to Chandigarh to take me back and help me recover from the trauma, i refused to leave. As much as i love to be their center of  attention, i wanted to be alone for few days. Hence, my little apartment had gotten congested as my whole family had decided to stay in Chandigarh for a while, with an exception of my grandpa who is not a big fan of city life, and we are looking for a house here.

My heart breaks everyday thinking about the possible consequences that could have happened with Rajveer who is yet to discharge and see the worry lines that have grown on the bearded cheeks of my father and brother. 

Rajveer is regularly visited by atleast one person from our family with an exception of i, as i simply don't know how to face him. Especially after all the things that happened between us, i am still trying to decipher our relationship. 

Apparently he has become the other son that they had never expected. It makes me feel like every kind of doubt and insecurity that my father or brother had earlier has completely disappeared and they are eager for the d-day when they will hand me over. To be honest, it makes me completely awkward when my status hangs somewhere between being his wife or fiance

Nowadays, I'm being pampered even more than my little niece, not to mention my bhabhi and Mani who are both healthily pregnant. Thankfully, Mani's pregnancy was not badly affected and Rajveer had regained consciousness within the stipulated time. I cannot even to bear to imagine the burden that my soul would have felt, had anything happened to either of them.

"Nivi, puttar why are you not out of bed yet?

Come on, be my sweet baby and put on a nice pair of clothes. You should look presentable in front of your future in-laws."

Ofcourse, they don't know their daughter is unofficially Praayi already.

"Ma, please.
i don't think i can do that."

I tried to sweet talk my mother and undoubtedly, which mother won't know what her daughter is trying to do.

"Nivi, we talked about that already. I have run out of excuses to give your mother-in-law and bebe ji. And they are not strangers, puttar. I won't let anyone pressurize you for doing anything that you don't want. 

Infact, Raj must be looking forward to meet you."

Mother started sternly and softened her tone at the end.  

"I know he doesn't. There are things Ma that i can't explain to you.
And he is doing well without me, i don't think i should ruin his mood by appearing in front of him."